Shady Side Academy girls lacrosse wins three
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Shady Side Academy girls lacrosse team had a strong showing last week as they won three games.
The Indians traveled to Peters Township to try to avenge a seven-goal loss earlier in the season.
They did just that as they came back from a four-goal deficit to win 12-10.
“The team has been working hard to reduce the number of turnovers and unforced errors,” SSA coach Emily Schaknowski said. “We have been working hard to improve our defense, which has gotten consistently better as the season has progressed.”
Goalie Gabrielle Harchelroad had 14 saves against Peters. The entire defensive unit of Alaya Trice, Mickey Saperstein, Kara Pooley, Taylor Valenta and G.G Ruppel held Peters to only one goal in the second half.
The Indians returned home on Thursday to play Upper St. Clair and won by a 17-7 count.
On Friday, the Indians beat Quaker Valley 16-8.
Felicia Tissenbaum was recognized during the game on Friday for scoring the 200th goal of her career.
Sophomore Charlotte Redican and senior Michaela Jaffe both scored eight goals in the three games. Senior Lia Winter scored five goals during the week.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Outdoors notices: Oct. 5, 2015
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Sunday - Oct. 4, 2015
- High-speed chase ends in Duquesne crash
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Diminishing number of pilots takes toll on small airports in Western Pa.
- Strong police presence cut crimes, behavior issues at IUP homecoming, police say
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener