Frazier teams, Mt. Pleasant softball learn playoff foes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield High School will be a popular place for local softball teams next Thursday, when Frazier and Mt. Pleasant open play in the WPIAL postseason.
The Frazier softball team (16-2) earned a No. 4 seed in Class A Thursday and will take on Vincentian (8-5) at 3 p.m. May 16 at Hempfield.
As the WPIAL's No. 10 seed in Class AAA, Mt. Pleasant softball (11-9) will meet No. 7 West Mifflin (15-4) at 5 p.m. May 16, also at Hempfield.
The only other area team to qualify for the WPIAL postseason, Frazier baseball (7-11), was dealt a No. 13 seed and will face No. 4 Carmichaels (12-3) at 4:30 p.m. Monday at Mt. Pleasant in the first round of the Class A playoffs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Four helicopters respond to Route 51 crash in Rostraver
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Penguins 4th line showing promise
- Small stores take big gamble by not upgrading credit card readers
- Phipps winter show glows with holiday warmth
- LB Kwiatkoski sentimental about WVU traditions entering final home game
- Plan ahead to force yourself — and bulbs — out of winter doldrums
- Despite injuries, Penn State’s Nelson ‘thankful’
- Yahoo investors losing patience with ‘star’ CEO Marissa Mayer
- Gorman: Penn-Trafford’s Topper not defined by ‘the miss’