Frazier teams, Mt. Pleasant softball learn playoff foes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield High School will be a popular place for local softball teams next Thursday, when Frazier and Mt. Pleasant open play in the WPIAL postseason.
The Frazier softball team (16-2) earned a No. 4 seed in Class A Thursday and will take on Vincentian (8-5) at 3 p.m. May 16 at Hempfield.
As the WPIAL's No. 10 seed in Class AAA, Mt. Pleasant softball (11-9) will meet No. 7 West Mifflin (15-4) at 5 p.m. May 16, also at Hempfield.
The only other area team to qualify for the WPIAL postseason, Frazier baseball (7-11), was dealt a No. 13 seed and will face No. 4 Carmichaels (12-3) at 4:30 p.m. Monday at Mt. Pleasant in the first round of the Class A playoffs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- Clairton City School District directors cap possible 2015-16 tax hike at 3 percent
- Ford City waiting on road salt as storm blows in
- Steel Valley school directors honor new San Francisco 49ers head coach Tomsula
- Wintry mix makes for slick roads in Armstrong County
- LCB, Duquesne University police recover rare bourbon in illegal sale
- Klingensmith’s Drug Stores offers monthly supply of vitamins to families who enroll children
- Judge orders nonprofit tax form release in case against IRS
- Kennametal plans plant closings, job cuts in fallout from oil and gas decline
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency
- Twin Rivers Intermediate students in McKeesport get hands-on science lessons