Frazier teams, Mt. Pleasant softball learn playoff foes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield High School will be a popular place for local softball teams next Thursday, when Frazier and Mt. Pleasant open play in the WPIAL postseason.
The Frazier softball team (16-2) earned a No. 4 seed in Class A Thursday and will take on Vincentian (8-5) at 3 p.m. May 16 at Hempfield.
As the WPIAL's No. 10 seed in Class AAA, Mt. Pleasant softball (11-9) will meet No. 7 West Mifflin (15-4) at 5 p.m. May 16, also at Hempfield.
The only other area team to qualify for the WPIAL postseason, Frazier baseball (7-11), was dealt a No. 13 seed and will face No. 4 Carmichaels (12-3) at 4:30 p.m. Monday at Mt. Pleasant in the first round of the Class A playoffs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Teenage boys arrested in connection with armed robberies in Shadyside
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Pittsburgh authority hires firm to end long vacancy at North Shore retail space
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Work release inmate walks away from Armstrong County Jail
- ‘Greed is not criminal,’ says judge in McCullough trial
- Multiple delays to slow travel between Alle-Kiski Valley, Greensburg
- Police: Avonmore mayor found stranger’s lost wallet, took cash from it
- Connellsville man arrested for firing handgun at city’s East Park