Frazier teams, Mt. Pleasant softball learn playoff foes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield High School will be a popular place for local softball teams next Thursday, when Frazier and Mt. Pleasant open play in the WPIAL postseason.
The Frazier softball team (16-2) earned a No. 4 seed in Class A Thursday and will take on Vincentian (8-5) at 3 p.m. May 16 at Hempfield.
As the WPIAL's No. 10 seed in Class AAA, Mt. Pleasant softball (11-9) will meet No. 7 West Mifflin (15-4) at 5 p.m. May 16, also at Hempfield.
The only other area team to qualify for the WPIAL postseason, Frazier baseball (7-11), was dealt a No. 13 seed and will face No. 4 Carmichaels (12-3) at 4:30 p.m. Monday at Mt. Pleasant in the first round of the Class A playoffs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Port Authority police discuss bus crash with county prosecutors
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- September ranks with driest ever in Western Pa.
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Melocchi pleads guilty in leading McKeesport gambling ring
- Pets rescued from Westmoreland house fire
- 35,000 walrus come ashore in northwest Alaska
- Consol Energy Center cashes in again on payments from Rivers Casino
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Pirates notebook: Martin feels ‘pretty good,’ will start vs. Giants