Frazier teams, Mt. Pleasant softball learn playoff foes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield High School will be a popular place for local softball teams next Thursday, when Frazier and Mt. Pleasant open play in the WPIAL postseason.
The Frazier softball team (16-2) earned a No. 4 seed in Class A Thursday and will take on Vincentian (8-5) at 3 p.m. May 16 at Hempfield.
As the WPIAL's No. 10 seed in Class AAA, Mt. Pleasant softball (11-9) will meet No. 7 West Mifflin (15-4) at 5 p.m. May 16, also at Hempfield.
The only other area team to qualify for the WPIAL postseason, Frazier baseball (7-11), was dealt a No. 13 seed and will face No. 4 Carmichaels (12-3) at 4:30 p.m. Monday at Mt. Pleasant in the first round of the Class A playoffs.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Interest high for Heinz Field soccer match between top Euro teams
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Rising number of health care workers have less than 4-year degree, study shows
- Europe thirsts for U.S. craft beer
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- U.S. growth weakest since recession, IMF says
- Litigants against Fayette jail look to join forces