PIAA tables motion on Leechburg move
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 11:15 p.m.
The PIAA board of directors on Wednesday tabled an agenda item on Leechburg's plan to move its athletic programs from the WPIAL to District 6. The board will discuss the motion at its meeting July 25.
Leechburg already has received approval from both the WPIAL and District 6. Approval from the PIAA is the only step remaining in the process.
The plan calls for Leechburg to transfer all of its teams to District 6 for the 2014-15 school year.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Oakmont father-son team’s efforts help add Mon Valley names to police memorial
- Road work to cause lane closures in Mt. Lebanon starting Monday
- Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
- Hempfield native, 22, publishes with local independent press
- Latrobe woman texts searchers in Linn Run State Park to tell them she’s OK
- Court upholds EPA emissions restrictions
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers