PIAA tables motion on Leechburg move
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The PIAA board of directors on Wednesday tabled an agenda item on Leechburg's plan to move its athletic programs from the WPIAL to District 6. The board will discuss the motion at its meeting July 25.
Leechburg already has received approval from both the WPIAL and District 6. Approval from the PIAA is the only step remaining in the process.
The plan calls for Leechburg to transfer all of its teams to District 6 for the 2014-15 school year.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- VA settles 3 more Legionnaires’ cases
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- Charleroi woman behind bars for growing marijuana at home
- United States proposes tougher rules for moving crude oil, ethanol by rail
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- Richland school bus driver accused of DUI
- Review: Buffett keeps faith with fans on ‘This One’s for You’ tour
- South Side’s La Palapa Mexican Gourmet Kitchen puts its effort into what’s on the plate
- Around Town: Businesses open in Carnegie, Crafton, Bridgeville