PIAA tables motion on Leechburg move
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The PIAA board of directors on Wednesday tabled an agenda item on Leechburg's plan to move its athletic programs from the WPIAL to District 6. The board will discuss the motion at its meeting July 25.
Leechburg already has received approval from both the WPIAL and District 6. Approval from the PIAA is the only step remaining in the process.
The plan calls for Leechburg to transfer all of its teams to District 6 for the 2014-15 school year.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Accident at West Virginia’s Cheat Lake sends boaters to hospital
- Pirates pitcher Morton turns in solid performance in win over Marlins
- CMU, Pittsburgh’s Surtrac program aims to ease traffic congestion
- Tesla home battery at $7K, partnered with rooftop solar system, may help reduce power bills
- Southmoreland, Frazier softball teams eye chance at PIAA tournament
- Consistency keeps Cellone’s Bakery customers coming back
- Another broken promise: ObamaCare in the ER
- With space to spare, Pittsburgh International draws corporate jet carrier
- Cops: Man shoots 11-year-old with BB gun in McKeesport; boy critical
- ‘Rock-a-thon Queen’ keeps on rockin’ for Vincentian fundraiser
- Westmoreland Veterans’ Monument unveiled, rededicated in Greensburg