PIAA tables motion on Leechburg move
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The PIAA board of directors on Wednesday tabled an agenda item on Leechburg's plan to move its athletic programs from the WPIAL to District 6. The board will discuss the motion at its meeting July 25.
Leechburg already has received approval from both the WPIAL and District 6. Approval from the PIAA is the only step remaining in the process.
The plan calls for Leechburg to transfer all of its teams to District 6 for the 2014-15 school year.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Finding balance between toughness, excessiveness key for Penguins’ Downie
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- Inching closer to return, Pitt’s Wright could boost defense
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Arziona’s Miller gets boost from Char Valley grad’s play
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- East Allegheny girls basketball team embraces new outlook
- Ford City boys basketball coach brings winning personality for final season
- Ford City girls basketball aims to close program on top
- Martial arts tournament in Marshall fierce, yet friendly