PIAA tables motion on Leechburg move
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The PIAA board of directors on Wednesday tabled an agenda item on Leechburg's plan to move its athletic programs from the WPIAL to District 6. The board will discuss the motion at its meeting July 25.
Leechburg already has received approval from both the WPIAL and District 6. Approval from the PIAA is the only step remaining in the process.
The plan calls for Leechburg to transfer all of its teams to District 6 for the 2014-15 school year.
— Staff reports
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- SUV rollover on Parkway East sends 2 to hospital
- Federal grand jury indicts man for operating illegal slaughterhouse in his Jefferson Hills home
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- County Controller wants authorities to cooperate with auditors
- Police hunt for man who stole DVDs, threatened to stab security officers at Blairsville store
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer