Bush was a major player for Shady Side Academy lacrosse squad
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Chris Bush, a defender and two-year captain, helped lead the Shady Side Academy boys lacrosse team into the WPIAL semifinal game.
He was chosen as an all-section defender.
“He was our most consistent performer all year,” SSA coach Darrell Schmitt said. “He's a great leader and teammate.”
Bush has been playing lacrosse since fourth grade and also played football and squash at SSA. His favorite of the three?
“It's a toss up, but I'll go with lacrosse,” he said.
Bush will be attending Georgia Tech next year and plans to major in industrial engineering.
He wants to continue playing lacrosse.
Here's a closer look at Bush:
Q: Who have been your role models?
A: My parents. They are responsible for my work ethic.
They had four kids and they worked hard and did what they had to so that we could go to Shady Side Academy. I appreciate all the help they gave us and I want to take what they've taught me and help others.
Q: What's your favorite TV show??
A: “Duck Dynasty.”
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Professional lacrosse player Kyle Hartzell.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Playing basketball with my brothers and squash with my friends.
Q: What is your favorite candy bar?
Q: Who is your favorite singer or band?
A: 2 Chains.
Q: What's your favorite vacation destination?
A: Avalon, New Jersey.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: My girlfriend is first, Skylar Diggins would be second.
Q: Who would you like to trade places with for a day?
A: My younger brother, Moose. He's widely known as the funniest guy in school.
Q: What sport would you be playing if you weren't playing lacrosse?
Q: If you weren't living in Pittsburgh, where would you like to be living?
A: Anywhere on a beach.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
A: ”Cool Runnings.”
Q: What would make up your favorite all-time meal?
A: My mom's cheese ravioli and DeLuca's chocolate chip pancakes.
Q: Is there a food you refuse to eat?
A: Brussell sprouts.
Q: Who is the most overrated athlete in sports?
A: Neil Walker.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I ...
A: ... Never liked sports until seventh grade. I was pretty lazy.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Water process eyed for 2 parks in Allegheny County
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- North Versailles Township commissioner opposes closing Green Valley Primary School
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson
- Pittsburgh Trails Advocacy Group volunteers cut trail in South Park