Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team has a bright future
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team ended the season with a 9-8 record.
“Last year, we were 1-13-1,” FC assistant coach Eric Wissinger said. “I would have to say that the team exceeded expectations this year and made great strides, showing improvement with each game.”
The team was led by a solid group of seniors in Michael Coulston, Holden Soffer, Drew Davis, Brian Hanus, Ben Lacomis, Rob Shuff, Matt German and Kyle Uricchio.
Their loss will be lessened by the impressive play of junior Alden Stone, who averaged four goals a game, and a trio of freshmen in Levi McCrady, Tucker Root and Teddy Wight, all of whom contributed significantly. Juniors Andy Casile, D.J. Diethrich, Rich Giovanetti, Colin Kielbasa and Will Linhart along with sophomore Chris Gibbons lend promise to the future.
“With eight starters returning and a solid group of returning players, we expect to improve upon our success this past season,” Wissinger said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police say burglars caught in the act in Beechview
- Suspects in attempted Upper St. Clair home invasion held for court on other charges
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- Getting fired by Patriots led to Carroll’s reinvention
- Now a Patriot, Blount thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Crosby understands rule prohibiting him from playing, stresses he is hurt
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- NTSB: Better oversight needed to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game