Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team has a bright future
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team ended the season with a 9-8 record.
“Last year, we were 1-13-1,” FC assistant coach Eric Wissinger said. “I would have to say that the team exceeded expectations this year and made great strides, showing improvement with each game.”
The team was led by a solid group of seniors in Michael Coulston, Holden Soffer, Drew Davis, Brian Hanus, Ben Lacomis, Rob Shuff, Matt German and Kyle Uricchio.
Their loss will be lessened by the impressive play of junior Alden Stone, who averaged four goals a game, and a trio of freshmen in Levi McCrady, Tucker Root and Teddy Wight, all of whom contributed significantly. Juniors Andy Casile, D.J. Diethrich, Rich Giovanetti, Colin Kielbasa and Will Linhart along with sophomore Chris Gibbons lend promise to the future.
“With eight starters returning and a solid group of returning players, we expect to improve upon our success this past season,” Wissinger said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Judge refuses to reduce bail for McKeesport robbery suspect
- Civic organization donates to Clairton Police Department
- West Mifflin woman held for court, accused of leaving baby unattended
- Killer sharks are taking over the air, and the airwaves
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Rain postpones Monday’s Fayette County Baseball League playoff games
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances