Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team has a bright future
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team ended the season with a 9-8 record.
“Last year, we were 1-13-1,” FC assistant coach Eric Wissinger said. “I would have to say that the team exceeded expectations this year and made great strides, showing improvement with each game.”
The team was led by a solid group of seniors in Michael Coulston, Holden Soffer, Drew Davis, Brian Hanus, Ben Lacomis, Rob Shuff, Matt German and Kyle Uricchio.
Their loss will be lessened by the impressive play of junior Alden Stone, who averaged four goals a game, and a trio of freshmen in Levi McCrady, Tucker Root and Teddy Wight, all of whom contributed significantly. Juniors Andy Casile, D.J. Diethrich, Rich Giovanetti, Colin Kielbasa and Will Linhart along with sophomore Chris Gibbons lend promise to the future.
“With eight starters returning and a solid group of returning players, we expect to improve upon our success this past season,” Wissinger said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Man shot in domestic incident collapses near Washington County bar
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- Real estate executive Hanna’s gifts target needy Western Pa. families
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow