Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team has a bright future
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team ended the season with a 9-8 record.
“Last year, we were 1-13-1,” FC assistant coach Eric Wissinger said. “I would have to say that the team exceeded expectations this year and made great strides, showing improvement with each game.”
The team was led by a solid group of seniors in Michael Coulston, Holden Soffer, Drew Davis, Brian Hanus, Ben Lacomis, Rob Shuff, Matt German and Kyle Uricchio.
Their loss will be lessened by the impressive play of junior Alden Stone, who averaged four goals a game, and a trio of freshmen in Levi McCrady, Tucker Root and Teddy Wight, all of whom contributed significantly. Juniors Andy Casile, D.J. Diethrich, Rich Giovanetti, Colin Kielbasa and Will Linhart along with sophomore Chris Gibbons lend promise to the future.
“With eight starters returning and a solid group of returning players, we expect to improve upon our success this past season,” Wissinger said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Man rescued from sinkhole in McKeesport
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base