Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team has a bright future
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team ended the season with a 9-8 record.
“Last year, we were 1-13-1,” FC assistant coach Eric Wissinger said. “I would have to say that the team exceeded expectations this year and made great strides, showing improvement with each game.”
The team was led by a solid group of seniors in Michael Coulston, Holden Soffer, Drew Davis, Brian Hanus, Ben Lacomis, Rob Shuff, Matt German and Kyle Uricchio.
Their loss will be lessened by the impressive play of junior Alden Stone, who averaged four goals a game, and a trio of freshmen in Levi McCrady, Tucker Root and Teddy Wight, all of whom contributed significantly. Juniors Andy Casile, D.J. Diethrich, Rich Giovanetti, Colin Kielbasa and Will Linhart along with sophomore Chris Gibbons lend promise to the future.
“With eight starters returning and a solid group of returning players, we expect to improve upon our success this past season,” Wissinger said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum superintendent says lack of school tip line was ‘oversight’
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding