Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team has a bright future
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel High School boys lacrosse team ended the season with a 9-8 record.
“Last year, we were 1-13-1,” FC assistant coach Eric Wissinger said. “I would have to say that the team exceeded expectations this year and made great strides, showing improvement with each game.”
The team was led by a solid group of seniors in Michael Coulston, Holden Soffer, Drew Davis, Brian Hanus, Ben Lacomis, Rob Shuff, Matt German and Kyle Uricchio.
Their loss will be lessened by the impressive play of junior Alden Stone, who averaged four goals a game, and a trio of freshmen in Levi McCrady, Tucker Root and Teddy Wight, all of whom contributed significantly. Juniors Andy Casile, D.J. Diethrich, Rich Giovanetti, Colin Kielbasa and Will Linhart along with sophomore Chris Gibbons lend promise to the future.
“With eight starters returning and a solid group of returning players, we expect to improve upon our success this past season,” Wissinger said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- New Kensington to convert tennis courts to dek hockey rink
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images