Pilarski, Healy honored at Brentwood
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Two names familiar to Brentwood sports fans — Jason Pilarski and Victoria Healy — have been honored as the top senior athletes at Brentwood High School for 2012-13.
The annual all-sports banquet was held last week at Brentwood High School, with the senior athletes once again being the main attraction.
Pilarski was the recipient of the Mark Reider Award, which is presented to the top male senior athlete at Brentwood.
Healy was the recipient of the Booster Athlete Award, which is presented to Brentwood's top senior female athlete.
“Jason is very skilled, particularly in soccer and basketball,” Rick Huffman, Brentwood's athletic director, said. “His desire to compete is unmatched, and he always put team success before personal achievements.
“Victoria is very intelligent, which makes her very coachable. She is quiet by nature, but she is very driven and self-motivated.”
Two other seniors, Josh O'Neill and Sydney Stankus, were presented with the male and female scholar-athlete award at the banquet.
Pilarski and Healy also were lauded as a “most outstanding team member” in multiple sports.
Pilarski was a repeat selection as the most outstanding team member of the boys' varsity basketball squad, as well as the boys' varsity soccer squad.
“Jason is very tough, both mentally and physically,” said Huffman, who also is an assistant boys' basketball coach. “He has a great understanding of how to play the game, which enables him to anticipate things before they happen.”
Healy was named the most outstanding team member of both the girls' volleyball and track and field squads.
“Victoria leads by example,” Huffman said, “and is a great asset to any team tha she plays for.”
She also was a previous MOTM recipient two years ago as a sophomore member of the Brentwood girls' varsity basketball squad.
Stankus also was lauded as the most outstanding team member of the girls' cross country squad.
Another two-time award recipient was senior Jake Held, who was named most outstanding team member of the baseball and boys' golf squads.
The most outstanding team members of all varsity sports at Brentwood were announced at the awards banquet. They are as follows:
• Baseball — Jake Held
• Basketball (boys) — Jason Pilarski
• Basketball (girls) — Laura McGowan
• Cheerleading — Mackenzie Kramer
• Cross country (boys) — Brandon Striplin
• Cross country (girls) — Sydney Stankus
• Football — Justin Vickless
• Golf — Held
• Soccer — Pilarski
• Softball — Alexis Gaughan
• Swimming (boys) — Christian Reinhardt
• Swimming (girls) — Allison McGinnis
• Track and field (boys) — Neil Christopher
• Track and field (girls) — Victoria Healy
• Volleyball — Healy
Held, Kramer, Reinhardt, McGinnis and Christopher were seniors in 2012-13, while McGowan, Striplin, Vickless and Gaughan were juniors.
Striplin and Stankus also reeled in the MOTM plaudits in boys' and girls' cross country, respectively, two years ago.
McGowan was a repeat selection in girls' basketball.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man dies after jump from Route 130 overpass onto passing tractor-trailer in Hempfield
- Multi-car pileup shuts down portion of Route 8 in Shaler
- DA drops homicide charge against man accused of shooting Homewood bar security guard
- Monessen police investigating drive-by shooting
- Husband of accused drug-dealing teacher faces his own drug, intimidation charges
- Pirates again approach Polanco about contract extension
- Scottie Sports Roundup - Beistel places 3rd in national tournament
- Westmoreland County tourism grants promote banana splits, breweries, trolley, railroad
- Pittsburgh settles second car wash drug-bust lawsuit
- Pa. Supreme Court upholds special prosecutor investigating AG Kane
- Robert Morris’ Pryor named finalist for Wallace Award