Elizabeth Forward's Rachel Collage commits to Fordham
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Elizabeth Forward senior-to-be Rachel Collage has committed early to continue her soccer career.
And she made school history in the process.
Collage accepted a scholarship to Fordham University, located in the Bronx, N.Y.
She will start her career at the NCAA Division I school that plays in the Atlantic 10 Conference, in the fall of 2014.
Fordham went 8-11 last season.
She is the first EF girls soccer player to commit to a Division I school.
Collage. a midfielder, has been a standout player at EF all during her career and was recently named to both the All-Section and All-WPIAL teams.
As a junior, Collage helped lead an EF team that went 12-6 (third place in Section 4 AA) and reached the WPIAL Class AA playoffs, losing in the first round to Yough, 2-1.
When she was a sophomore, EF went 12-9-1 and reached the WPIAL semifinals and also participated in the PIAA playoffs.
Along with being a standout for the lady Warriors, she also serves as captain of the Century United Football Club of Pittsburgh, where she plays for the two-time PA West State Cup champion team.
In addition, she is a five-year member of the Olympic Development Team, which won the U-17 Region I championship. She also played for the U-13 and U-15 region champions.
Collage is also a standout on EF's track team.
She is the daughter of Dick and Jean Collage, of Elizabeth Township.
Jeff Oliver is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 724-684-2666 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Amusement parks fight off home entertainment threat
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Pitt plays best game of the season; routs Kansas State
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Police on hunt for suspects in unrelated Penn Township, Manor cases
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Western Pa. business owners urge shoppers to think small