Alle-Kiski roundup: Knoch girls soccer rolls by Deer Lakes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
With three straight wins and two consecutive shutouts, Knoch's girls soccer team seems more than ready to dive into the thick of section play.
The Knights improved to 3-1 overall and 2-0 in Section 2-AA with a 5-0 win at Deer Lakes (1-1, 1-1).
Lexie Galbreath earned the shutout victory in goal. Gabi Lassinger scored twice, while Kaelyn Oskin and sisters Abbey and Allie Gore each found the back of the net once.
Marissa Hilinski made 10 saves in net for Deer Lakes.
Knoch is tied with Mars and Highlands in the section. The Knights finished third behind the Planets and Golden Rams a year ago.
Plum 5, Allderdice 0 — Aaliyah Odom's hat trick and Ashley Amato's two goals gave Plum (6-0, 2-0) more than enough offense to top Allderdice (2-2, 0-2) in Section 3-AAA play.
Highlands 4, Indiana 0 — Kayla Beale scored twice, and goalie Sam Kovach made one save to earn the Section 2-AA shutout for Highlands (3-1, 2-0).
Riverview 2, St. Joseph 0 — Two goals from Nikki Polens made the difference in the Section 4-A contest. Gabriella DiPietro earned an assist for Riverview (1-3, 1-1), and Gina Santoriello and Megan Moroney combined to shut out St. Joseph (0-4, 0-1).
Fox Chapel 3, Shady Side Academy 0 — Goaltender Vanessa Blazer kept the ball out of the net for Fox Chapel (3-1), and Dixon Veltri, Lauren Kelly and Margaux Everingham each scored in a nonsection game.
Shady Side Academy (3-1) had outscored its previous three opponents, 13-0.
Freeport 198, Winchester Thurston 205 — Cole Hepler, Matt Swartz and Mickey Frazetta each shot 40, while Audrey Clawson finished with a 1-over-par 37 for Freeport (8-1, 4-1) in a nonsection home match at Buffalo Golf Course.
West Shamokin 240, Leechburg 260 — Matt Barto shot a match-low, three-over-par 39 for Leechburg in a Section 1-AA match at Deertrak Golf Club.
Apollo-Ridge 3, Valley 1 — Kayla Gunnerson finished with eight kills and four blocks, while Courtney Casella and Reannah Martin each logged six digs and four kills for Apollo-Ridge (3-0) in a nonsection match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Route 22 closed in Delmont after tractor-trailer crash at cloverleaf
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- More witness intimidation charges are filed against Plum teacher
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Supreme Court justices ream EPA for ignoring costs to meet air standards
- Pittsburgh Public Works supervisor disciplined for text message
- Murrysville native Bullock vying for health magazine’s ‘Next Fitness Star’
- South Side zoning clashes with parking: Workers hurt
- St. Vincent professor, students use interviews for drug addiction data
- 80 percent of drivers found exceeding speed limit in Mt. Lebanon, Bethel Park