Section qualifier golf tournaments set to start
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Individual golf season gets under way Monday with section qualifier tournaments at various sites around Western Pennsylvania.
The boys' Class AAA and AA section tournaments will be held Monday and Tuesday, while the girls tournaments will be played Tuesday-Thursday.
The sites for the boys Monday are Club at Shadow Lakes (Section 5-AAA), 3 Lakes (6-AAA), Rittswood (8-AAA), Deertrak (1-AA), Timber Ridge (2-AA), Pittsburgh National (3-AA), Cedarbrook (4-AA), Mohawk Trails (5-AA), Rolling Acres (6-AA), South Park (7-AA) and Greene County (8-AA).
Tuesday's rounds will be at Valley Green (1-AAA), Duck Hollow (2-AAA), Cranberry Highlands (3-AAA), Pittsburgh Field Club (4-AAA), Cedarbrook (7-AAA) and Blackhawk (9-AA).
The girls sites are Connoquessing (1-AAA) on Tuesday, Vandergrift (3-AAA) and Latrobe Elks (1-AA) on Wednesday, and Rolling Hills (2-AAA) and Ponderosa (2-AA) on Thursday.
The top five boys and those shooting the designated target score (within 10 shots of the course rating) will advance — to the semifinals in Class AAA or straight to the championship in Class AA.
The Class AA championship will be Sept. 25 at Sewickley Heights Country Club. The Class AAA tournament will be Oct. 2 at Diamond Run.
On the girls side, the top five and those within 20 shots of the target score at the sectional tournaments advance to the championship. Both the Class AAA and Class AA finals will be Sept. 30 at Hill Crest Country Club in Lower Burrell.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Feds to protect 20 coral species
- Not to be left behind, speedy Steelers are on the fast track in NFL
- Rossi: Steelers will make small strides this season
- Workers shaken by news Kittanning Foodland will close
- Parks woman accused of burglarizing house
- Starkey: Bucs still battlin’
- Arizona Uzi shooting that accidentally killed instructor ‘just stupid’
- South Buffalo planning commission signs off on revised gas compressor plan
- Leechburg Area replaces standout softball coach, who was cited for shoving student
- Fayette County parents charged with endangering children, cruelty to animals
- WPIAL coaches, QBs have concerns about using newly-approved footballs