WPIAL rules GCC basketball player ineligible
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL board of control Monday ruled Greensburg Central Catholic's William Hipp (basketball) ineligible because they believed his transfer from Bishop McCort was motivated, at least in part, by athletic intent, according to WPIAL Executive Director Tim O'Malley.
Sto-Rox's Mallory Claybourne (football), who attended three schools (Perry, Renaissance Christian Academy) in the past two years, was ruled eligible. He played the first three games for the Vikings.
— Chris Harlan
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- Pitt loses first ACC meeting to Louisville
- One of two Marines killed in chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Linemen commit to PSU, boosting Franklin’s recruiting class
- Ukraine: Phone calls prove Russia-backed rebels attacked Mariupol, killed 30
- Winter weather advisory for Western Pa. in effect until Monday afternoon
- Obama defends Yemen counterterrorism strategy
- Boko Haram attacks northeastern Nigerian city; scores killed
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Northeast braces for ‘potentially historic’ snowstorm
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL