WPIAL rules GCC basketball player ineligible
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The WPIAL board of control Monday ruled Greensburg Central Catholic's William Hipp (basketball) ineligible because they believed his transfer from Bishop McCort was motivated, at least in part, by athletic intent, according to WPIAL Executive Director Tim O'Malley.
Sto-Rox's Mallory Claybourne (football), who attended three schools (Perry, Renaissance Christian Academy) in the past two years, was ruled eligible. He played the first three games for the Vikings.
— Chris Harlan
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- GNC revenue, sales drop, but vitamin retailer says plan in place
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Penn Township man seeking gun permit accused of bringing heroin to courthouse
- 3 men to stand trial over runaway Latrobe foster children
- Connellsville roundup: Mill Run leads series 2-0
- 3 injured in crash near zoo entrance in Highland Park
- Heyl: This dress is a steal
- Attorney had broad range of private, public clients
- Peduto offers ray of light to understaffed Pittsburgh building bureau