Daily Courier roundup: Southmoreland boys edge Waynesburg
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Luke Zeleznik scored two goals as Southmoreland (9-3-1, 7-2-1) held on to defeat Waynesburg, 3-2, in Section 6-AA action Thursday night. Cam Walter scored the third goal for the Scotties.
Geibel 8, California 0 — James Ewing and Bailey McIntyre had three goals each to lead Geibel (9-2-2, 7-0-2) to a victory in Section 4-A. Kyle Toth recorded the shutout with seven saves.
Geibel 3, Mapletown 0 — Ashley Tomasko recorded 17 assists, 14 digs and three aces to lead Geibel (5-4, 5-4) to a 25-8, 25-10, 25-18 win in Section 5-A action. Riley Bocan recorded eight aces and seven kills, while Rachel Elias had 12 kills and Haley Solan had nine assists for Geibel.
Peters Township 3, Connellsville 2 — Sarah Neky led Peters Township with 23 assists and eight digs in a Section 2-AAA win over Connellsville (22-25, 25-22, 23-25, 25-20, 15-11). Connellsville's Emily Means recorded 53 assists, while Emma Bell made 26 digs in the loss.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Company seeks to reopen coal mine in Nottingham, Washington County
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Mt. Pleasant girls basketball coach eager to start season with versatile team
- Bushy Run Battlefield upgrades to include trail, signs, landscaping
- Pine-Richland hopes to avoid ‘drop off’ against State College
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Holiday shoppers expected to spend conservatively
- Florida roommates find a career in playing video games on web channel Twitch
- Kittanning boys basketball shoots for 4th straight playoff trip in program’s final season
- Through the years: A look at final games of A-K Valley schools