Daily Courier roundup: Southmoreland boys edge Waynesburg
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Luke Zeleznik scored two goals as Southmoreland (9-3-1, 7-2-1) held on to defeat Waynesburg, 3-2, in Section 6-AA action Thursday night. Cam Walter scored the third goal for the Scotties.
Geibel 8, California 0 — James Ewing and Bailey McIntyre had three goals each to lead Geibel (9-2-2, 7-0-2) to a victory in Section 4-A. Kyle Toth recorded the shutout with seven saves.
Geibel 3, Mapletown 0 — Ashley Tomasko recorded 17 assists, 14 digs and three aces to lead Geibel (5-4, 5-4) to a 25-8, 25-10, 25-18 win in Section 5-A action. Riley Bocan recorded eight aces and seven kills, while Rachel Elias had 12 kills and Haley Solan had nine assists for Geibel.
Peters Township 3, Connellsville 2 — Sarah Neky led Peters Township with 23 assists and eight digs in a Section 2-AAA win over Connellsville (22-25, 25-22, 23-25, 25-20, 15-11). Connellsville's Emily Means recorded 53 assists, while Emma Bell made 26 digs in the loss.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Ex-Wash High star McKenzie charged by police, suspended by Virginia Tech
- Steeler lineman Adams sues men he claims attacked, stabbed him
- House resolution urges Wolf to reverse death penalty moratorium
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Elizabeth Township, McKeesport impacted by ice jam on Youghiogheny River
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- North Huntingdon man accused of road rage altercation in Westmoreland
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore