Daily Courier roundup: Southmoreland boys edge Waynesburg
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Luke Zeleznik scored two goals as Southmoreland (9-3-1, 7-2-1) held on to defeat Waynesburg, 3-2, in Section 6-AA action Thursday night. Cam Walter scored the third goal for the Scotties.
Geibel 8, California 0 — James Ewing and Bailey McIntyre had three goals each to lead Geibel (9-2-2, 7-0-2) to a victory in Section 4-A. Kyle Toth recorded the shutout with seven saves.
Geibel 3, Mapletown 0 — Ashley Tomasko recorded 17 assists, 14 digs and three aces to lead Geibel (5-4, 5-4) to a 25-8, 25-10, 25-18 win in Section 5-A action. Riley Bocan recorded eight aces and seven kills, while Rachel Elias had 12 kills and Haley Solan had nine assists for Geibel.
Peters Township 3, Connellsville 2 — Sarah Neky led Peters Township with 23 assists and eight digs in a Section 2-AAA win over Connellsville (22-25, 25-22, 23-25, 25-20, 15-11). Connellsville's Emily Means recorded 53 assists, while Emma Bell made 26 digs in the loss.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- $11M gift from Hillman to help CMU attract faculty, support students
- Pitt women’s soccer makes history; West Virginia doesn’t want to repeat it
- Plum school board asks why tip line was removed from student handbook
- Keuchel, Astros beat Yankees
- District college notebook: Geneva women’s volleyball team keeps rolling
- $9M sought to finish turning Penn Circle in Pittsburgh to two-way streets
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Former Mich. lawmaker uses D.C. trip to lobby for better veterans health care
- Same cast, improved results for Pitt defense