Daily Courier roundup: Southmoreland boys edge Waynesburg
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Luke Zeleznik scored two goals as Southmoreland (9-3-1, 7-2-1) held on to defeat Waynesburg, 3-2, in Section 6-AA action Thursday night. Cam Walter scored the third goal for the Scotties.
Geibel 8, California 0 — James Ewing and Bailey McIntyre had three goals each to lead Geibel (9-2-2, 7-0-2) to a victory in Section 4-A. Kyle Toth recorded the shutout with seven saves.
Geibel 3, Mapletown 0 — Ashley Tomasko recorded 17 assists, 14 digs and three aces to lead Geibel (5-4, 5-4) to a 25-8, 25-10, 25-18 win in Section 5-A action. Riley Bocan recorded eight aces and seven kills, while Rachel Elias had 12 kills and Haley Solan had nine assists for Geibel.
Peters Township 3, Connellsville 2 — Sarah Neky led Peters Township with 23 assists and eight digs in a Section 2-AAA win over Connellsville (22-25, 25-22, 23-25, 25-20, 15-11). Connellsville's Emily Means recorded 53 assists, while Emma Bell made 26 digs in the loss.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jamie’s Dream Team founder says she will press on despite new illness
- North Versailles Township approves $6.79 million budget that keeps tax rates flat
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Trained teachers, staff to treat allergic students under Pennsylvania law
- Pitt offensive coordinator Rudolph still focused on Panthers
- Hospital finances still crying ‘ouch’
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- LCB: Asset to modernize