Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville boys soccer team tops Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Peperak scored two goals, and Jason Burkus also scored as the Connellsville boys soccer team defeated host Geibel, 3-0, on Saturday in a nonsection game.
The win was the third straight for the Falcons (8-6). Lawrence Becker made 10 saves to get the shutout for Connellsville.
The loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Gators (9-3-2).
Connellsville 4, Kiski Area 1 — The Connellsville girls tennis team closed its season with a victory over Kiski Area on Friday in a Section 1-AAA match.
The Falcons (3-13, 2-12) picked up a pair of wins in singles action. Kasey McIntosh and Justine Waggel won at first and second singles, respectively.
Connellsville sealed the win by sweeping the doubles matches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Man rescued from sinkhole in McKeesport
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Pirates notebook: Polanco’s power outburst a matter of timing
- Tourists rush to visit Cuba before American influence felt
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes