Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville boys soccer team tops Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Peperak scored two goals, and Jason Burkus also scored as the Connellsville boys soccer team defeated host Geibel, 3-0, on Saturday in a nonsection game.
The win was the third straight for the Falcons (8-6). Lawrence Becker made 10 saves to get the shutout for Connellsville.
The loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Gators (9-3-2).
Connellsville 4, Kiski Area 1 — The Connellsville girls tennis team closed its season with a victory over Kiski Area on Friday in a Section 1-AAA match.
The Falcons (3-13, 2-12) picked up a pair of wins in singles action. Kasey McIntosh and Justine Waggel won at first and second singles, respectively.
Connellsville sealed the win by sweeping the doubles matches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- With analytics, NHL is whole new game
- State trooper shot and killed during training exercise
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Knife-wielding man attacks 2 in Sheetz lot in Greensburg
- Cop killer Abu-Jamal to speak by recording to Vermont school ceremonies
- Franklin Regional stabbing suspect could leave Pa. for treatment
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic
- Hospitals, doctors in Pa. received $32M in 5 months from drug, medical device companies
- Guido: Burrell celebrates golden anniversary