Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville boys soccer team tops Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Peperak scored two goals, and Jason Burkus also scored as the Connellsville boys soccer team defeated host Geibel, 3-0, on Saturday in a nonsection game.
The win was the third straight for the Falcons (8-6). Lawrence Becker made 10 saves to get the shutout for Connellsville.
The loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Gators (9-3-2).
Connellsville 4, Kiski Area 1 — The Connellsville girls tennis team closed its season with a victory over Kiski Area on Friday in a Section 1-AAA match.
The Falcons (3-13, 2-12) picked up a pair of wins in singles action. Kasey McIntosh and Justine Waggel won at first and second singles, respectively.
Connellsville sealed the win by sweeping the doubles matches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 107 years
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pa. could ease restrictions on fireworks, reaping big bang in taxes
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- 1 killed, 4 hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- ‘We are’ chant now a permanent fixture on Penn State campus
- Shareholders approve Heinz, Kraft merger
- Regatta moving bands off Barge Stage