Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville boys soccer team tops Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Peperak scored two goals, and Jason Burkus also scored as the Connellsville boys soccer team defeated host Geibel, 3-0, on Saturday in a nonsection game.
The win was the third straight for the Falcons (8-6). Lawrence Becker made 10 saves to get the shutout for Connellsville.
The loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Gators (9-3-2).
Connellsville 4, Kiski Area 1 — The Connellsville girls tennis team closed its season with a victory over Kiski Area on Friday in a Section 1-AAA match.
The Falcons (3-13, 2-12) picked up a pair of wins in singles action. Kasey McIntosh and Justine Waggel won at first and second singles, respectively.
Connellsville sealed the win by sweeping the doubles matches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates add six players to roster, including OF Polanco
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Harmony man facing charges in fatal crash
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Retail theft suspect takes off, leaves baby at Rostraver Township Walmart
- Regulators release details of Highmark’s post-UPMC transition plan
- Study to look at financial impact of state’s gas boom
- Former Dormont businessman avoids jail for wire fraud
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County