Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville boys soccer team tops Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Peperak scored two goals, and Jason Burkus also scored as the Connellsville boys soccer team defeated host Geibel, 3-0, on Saturday in a nonsection game.
The win was the third straight for the Falcons (8-6). Lawrence Becker made 10 saves to get the shutout for Connellsville.
The loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Gators (9-3-2).
Connellsville 4, Kiski Area 1 — The Connellsville girls tennis team closed its season with a victory over Kiski Area on Friday in a Section 1-AAA match.
The Falcons (3-13, 2-12) picked up a pair of wins in singles action. Kasey McIntosh and Justine Waggel won at first and second singles, respectively.
Connellsville sealed the win by sweeping the doubles matches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sutter: Staal effect felt on 3rd line
- In Western Pennsylvania, cookie tables aren’t just for weddings
- Penguins trade Sutter to Canucks, sign free agent center Fehr
- Summer’s favorite caffeine kick in Pittsburgh comes from cold-brew coffee
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Kennywood’s 4-D Theater adds senses of touch, smell to moviegoing experience
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- Steelers RB Le’Veon Bell gets suspension, fine reduced
- Kiski Area to host Alle-Kiski Valley 7-on-7 Passing Competition and Big Man Challenge
- Pollard, spy for Israel, to be set free
- Police officer taking job in Harmarville