Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville boys soccer team tops Geibel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Alex Peperak scored two goals, and Jason Burkus also scored as the Connellsville boys soccer team defeated host Geibel, 3-0, on Saturday in a nonsection game.
The win was the third straight for the Falcons (8-6). Lawrence Becker made 10 saves to get the shutout for Connellsville.
The loss snapped a four-game win streak for the Gators (9-3-2).
Connellsville 4, Kiski Area 1 — The Connellsville girls tennis team closed its season with a victory over Kiski Area on Friday in a Section 1-AAA match.
The Falcons (3-13, 2-12) picked up a pair of wins in singles action. Kasey McIntosh and Justine Waggel won at first and second singles, respectively.
Connellsville sealed the win by sweeping the doubles matches.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt coach Narduzzi adds N.J. linebacker recruit
- One of two Marines killed in chopper crash was from Indiana, Pa.
- Pitt loses first ACC meeting to Louisville
- Linemen commit to PSU, boosting Franklin’s recruiting class
- Winter weather advisory for Western Pa. in effect until Monday afternoon
- Ukraine: Phone calls prove Russia-backed rebels attacked Mariupol, killed 30
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Obama defends Yemen counterterrorism strategy
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Northeast braces for ‘potentially historic’ snowstorm