Leader Times roundup: Kittanning girls win 4th straight
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning is finishing the girls soccer season with a flourish.
Kayly Lazaroff scored three goals, and Emily Knepshield had the winning goal in the Wildcats' fourth consecutive win, 4-2, over Redbank Valley on Monday at Lenape Tech.
Knepshield's goal, a long-range drive that found the top left corner, broke a 2-2 tie with 13 minutes remaining.
She also had two assists, and Lazaroff and Kylie Hagofsky also had assists for Kittanning (7-2-0).
Jade Adams and Reagan Neiswonger scored for Redbank Valley (2-11-0), and goalkeeper Sam Landers made 14 saves to keep the Bulldogs in the game.
Freeport 2, Knoch 2 (OT) — Erica Jack and Megan Manke scored to help Freeport hold on for a tie at home and pick up a point in Section 2-AA.
Raine Carney made 10 saves for the Yellowjackets (7-5-1, 6-3-1), who trail third-place Highlands by two points with four section games remaining. Olivia Sharbaugh and Kaelyn Oskin scored for Knoch (9-3-1, 7-2-1), which hosts Highlands on Tuesday.
Kittanning 205, Leechburg 244 — Christian Miller and Noah Kunst both shot 39 as Kittanning completed an undefeated Section 1-AA season with a win at Lenape Heights Golf Course.
Cole Davis shot 41, Noah Spang shot 42, and Nathan Falchetti shot 44 for the Wildcats (11-1, 10-0), who will compete in the WPIAL Class AA semifinals next week.
WPIAL Class AA individual champ Matt Barto continued his strong season with a 1-under-par 35 to lead Leechburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Locke struggles again early, Pirates lose again in Milwaukee
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Pa. business interests decry EPA ozone proposal as economic albatross
- American to halt 2 direct routes from Pittsburgh International
- Western Pennsylvania schools’ denial of access to roofers prompts suit
- Statewide high school football notebook: Longtime Berwick coach set to begin final season
- Police: Woman faked Mt. Pleasant robbery
- Hempfield officials to review site plan for Excela Health Orthoplex
- 4-year-old transplant recipient Angelo Giorno from Derry on life support, family says