Leader Times roundup: Kittanning girls win 4th straight
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kittanning is finishing the girls soccer season with a flourish.
Kayly Lazaroff scored three goals, and Emily Knepshield had the winning goal in the Wildcats' fourth consecutive win, 4-2, over Redbank Valley on Monday at Lenape Tech.
Knepshield's goal, a long-range drive that found the top left corner, broke a 2-2 tie with 13 minutes remaining.
She also had two assists, and Lazaroff and Kylie Hagofsky also had assists for Kittanning (7-2-0).
Jade Adams and Reagan Neiswonger scored for Redbank Valley (2-11-0), and goalkeeper Sam Landers made 14 saves to keep the Bulldogs in the game.
Freeport 2, Knoch 2 (OT) — Erica Jack and Megan Manke scored to help Freeport hold on for a tie at home and pick up a point in Section 2-AA.
Raine Carney made 10 saves for the Yellowjackets (7-5-1, 6-3-1), who trail third-place Highlands by two points with four section games remaining. Olivia Sharbaugh and Kaelyn Oskin scored for Knoch (9-3-1, 7-2-1), which hosts Highlands on Tuesday.
Kittanning 205, Leec hburg 24 4 — Christian Miller and Noah Kunst both shot 39 as Kittanning completed an undefeated Section 1-AA season with a win at Lenape Heights Golf Course.
Cole Davis shot 41, Noah Spang shot 42, and Nathan Falchetti shot 44 for the Wildcats (11-1, 10-0), who will compete in the WPIAL Class AA semifinals next week.
WPIAL Class AA individual champ Matt Barto continued his strong season with a 1-under-par 35 to lead Leechburg.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- Informant who believed life was in danger to testify
- City poised to pay firm $250k to handle lawsuit over housing funds
- Google Pittsburgh instrumental in fight against hackers, co-directors say
- Quaker Valley names new high school principal
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Point State Park honored as top-notch public space
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Port Authority police discuss bus crash with county prosecutors