Quaker Valley boys win MAC championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Quaker Valley boys cross country team captured the MAC Championship meet title last week, finishing with an average time of 17:32 and 32 points, greatly outscoring runner-up Mars (92) and Moon (98).
The Quakers were led by first-place finisher Zach Skolnekovich. The freshman completed the 3.1-mile course at Brush Creek Park in 17 minutes, 12 seconds.
Also competing for the Quakers were senior Luke Kropf, who was fourth (17:23); junior Xavier Lang, who was fifth (17:29); senior Rob Veltre, who took 10th (17:41); junior Charlie Kristo, who placed 12th (17:51); sophomore Fletcher Hubsch, who finished 28th (18:42); and junior Alex Comerci, who was 30th (18:47).
The QV girls team took fifth with 102 points, trailing champion Laurel by 38 points.
Quaker Valley sophomore Hannah Bablak finished second in 20:24.
Also competing for QV were senior Ashley McKendry (11th, 21:34); freshman Bearett Tarris (22nd, 22:18); freshman Anna Pawloski (27th, 22:33); junior Caroline Westwood (40th, 23:28); senior Mary Grace Beson (45th, 23:53); and junior Natalie House (54th, 24:26).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- 2 firefighters injured battling Munhall blaze
- McCord to TV reporter: ‘I look forward to talking about’ resignation
- Officials identify man, woman killed in apparent Oakland murder-suicide
- Charge dropped against former Steeler Blount after community service
- Fayette coroner’s office at scene of truck-car crash on Route 51
- Driver leaps from sliding truck just before it topples down hillside in Fawn
- Endowment of $3.49B makes University of Pittsburgh 25th richest in U.S.
- Charges expunged against Butler County man in ’61 lunch-counter protest
- Stat dropoff, road struggles have Penguins seeking consistency