Quaker Valley boys win MAC championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Quaker Valley boys cross country team captured the MAC Championship meet title last week, finishing with an average time of 17:32 and 32 points, greatly outscoring runner-up Mars (92) and Moon (98).
The Quakers were led by first-place finisher Zach Skolnekovich. The freshman completed the 3.1-mile course at Brush Creek Park in 17 minutes, 12 seconds.
Also competing for the Quakers were senior Luke Kropf, who was fourth (17:23); junior Xavier Lang, who was fifth (17:29); senior Rob Veltre, who took 10th (17:41); junior Charlie Kristo, who placed 12th (17:51); sophomore Fletcher Hubsch, who finished 28th (18:42); and junior Alex Comerci, who was 30th (18:47).
The QV girls team took fifth with 102 points, trailing champion Laurel by 38 points.
Quaker Valley sophomore Hannah Bablak finished second in 20:24.
Also competing for QV were senior Ashley McKendry (11th, 21:34); freshman Bearett Tarris (22nd, 22:18); freshman Anna Pawloski (27th, 22:33); junior Caroline Westwood (40th, 23:28); senior Mary Grace Beson (45th, 23:53); and junior Natalie House (54th, 24:26).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Oncologists wary of scaled-back guidelines in cancer screenings
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing
- Posthumous election wins have happened in Western Pa., nation
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison
- Unquestionable courage & sacrifice