Quaker Valley boys win MAC championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Quaker Valley boys cross country team captured the MAC Championship meet title last week, finishing with an average time of 17:32 and 32 points, greatly outscoring runner-up Mars (92) and Moon (98).
The Quakers were led by first-place finisher Zach Skolnekovich. The freshman completed the 3.1-mile course at Brush Creek Park in 17 minutes, 12 seconds.
Also competing for the Quakers were senior Luke Kropf, who was fourth (17:23); junior Xavier Lang, who was fifth (17:29); senior Rob Veltre, who took 10th (17:41); junior Charlie Kristo, who placed 12th (17:51); sophomore Fletcher Hubsch, who finished 28th (18:42); and junior Alex Comerci, who was 30th (18:47).
The QV girls team took fifth with 102 points, trailing champion Laurel by 38 points.
Quaker Valley sophomore Hannah Bablak finished second in 20:24.
Also competing for QV were senior Ashley McKendry (11th, 21:34); freshman Bearett Tarris (22nd, 22:18); freshman Anna Pawloski (27th, 22:33); junior Caroline Westwood (40th, 23:28); senior Mary Grace Beson (45th, 23:53); and junior Natalie House (54th, 24:26).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Steelers still knockin’ on Canton’s door
- McKeesport charter sees no problems for opening
- Review: Pittsburgh son Billy Porter shines bright in ‘Kinky Boots’
- Pitcher Arrieta, Cubs shut down Pirates in victory at PNC Park
- Mon Valley takes time out for night out to build community
- Heyward-Bey looks to make impact on special teams with Steelers
- Rostraver native revisits roots on cross-country bike journey
- Philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse Elsie Hillman dies at 89
- Fire displaces Kittanning family of 6
- Steelers notebook: Spaeth on baby watch
- Catching on: Jeannette grad Pryor making progress with transition to receiver