Quaker Valley boys win MAC championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Quaker Valley boys cross country team captured the MAC Championship meet title last week, finishing with an average time of 17:32 and 32 points, greatly outscoring runner-up Mars (92) and Moon (98).
The Quakers were led by first-place finisher Zach Skolnekovich. The freshman completed the 3.1-mile course at Brush Creek Park in 17 minutes, 12 seconds.
Also competing for the Quakers were senior Luke Kropf, who was fourth (17:23); junior Xavier Lang, who was fifth (17:29); senior Rob Veltre, who took 10th (17:41); junior Charlie Kristo, who placed 12th (17:51); sophomore Fletcher Hubsch, who finished 28th (18:42); and junior Alex Comerci, who was 30th (18:47).
The QV girls team took fifth with 102 points, trailing champion Laurel by 38 points.
Quaker Valley sophomore Hannah Bablak finished second in 20:24.
Also competing for QV were senior Ashley McKendry (11th, 21:34); freshman Bearett Tarris (22nd, 22:18); freshman Anna Pawloski (27th, 22:33); junior Caroline Westwood (40th, 23:28); senior Mary Grace Beson (45th, 23:53); and junior Natalie House (54th, 24:26).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Springdale Library to pay rent to borough
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Fox Chapel boys basketball team will rely on rotation for scoring
- High school football notebook: Official’s decision impacts WPIAL Class AAAA title game
- Jane Monheit swings in tribute to Judy Garland
- Geibel junior’s Eagle Scout project benefits parishioners
- Need for new community college in Northwestern Pennsylvania questioned
- Westmoreland, Fayette groups open doors to share Thanksgiving meals
- Mt. Pleasant-based author details area’s ‘Hidden History’
- Fayette County Crime Victims Center fundraising house tour returns after break