Quaker Valley boys win MAC championship
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Quaker Valley boys cross country team captured the MAC Championship meet title last week, finishing with an average time of 17:32 and 32 points, greatly outscoring runner-up Mars (92) and Moon (98).
The Quakers were led by first-place finisher Zach Skolnekovich. The freshman completed the 3.1-mile course at Brush Creek Park in 17 minutes, 12 seconds.
Also competing for the Quakers were senior Luke Kropf, who was fourth (17:23); junior Xavier Lang, who was fifth (17:29); senior Rob Veltre, who took 10th (17:41); junior Charlie Kristo, who placed 12th (17:51); sophomore Fletcher Hubsch, who finished 28th (18:42); and junior Alex Comerci, who was 30th (18:47).
The QV girls team took fifth with 102 points, trailing champion Laurel by 38 points.
Quaker Valley sophomore Hannah Bablak finished second in 20:24.
Also competing for QV were senior Ashley McKendry (11th, 21:34); freshman Bearett Tarris (22nd, 22:18); freshman Anna Pawloski (27th, 22:33); junior Caroline Westwood (40th, 23:28); senior Mary Grace Beson (45th, 23:53); and junior Natalie House (54th, 24:26).
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- ATI picket injured at Harrison mill
- Gunfire wounds man near Riverview Park
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington
- County police officer on leave after assault charges filed
- One person taken to hospital after fire in Scott
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- ‘Action’ against AG Kane sent to Supreme Court, sources say
- Federal court ruling could have impact on New Kensington-Arnold school monument