Alle-Kiski Valley roundup: Knoch sweeps Blackhawk in girls volleyball
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Knoch rolled into the girls volleyball quarterfinals with a commanding, 3-0 victory over Blackhawk on Thursday in a first-round playoff match at Hopewell High School.
The Lady Knights (15-2), seeded sixth in the Class AA bracket, cruised with game scores of 25-17, 25-14 and 25-8.
Celinka Sanks managed 13 kills and Mary Zellhart added 16 service points and five kills in the win.
Knoch advances to play Thomas Jefferson on Tuesday at a time and site to be determined.
Thomas Jefferson 3, Kittanning 0 — No. 3 seed Thomas Jefferson ousted the Wildcats (11-4) with scores of 25-15, 25-22 and 25-4 in the first-round match.
Terra Schall had five kills to lead Kittanning.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart 3, Leechburg 0 — Leechburg fell to No. 3 OLSH in the first round of the WPIAL Class A playoffs.
Kassidi Horrell recorded seven kills while Marisa George had eight blocks and Alli Oberdorf had nine assists to lead Leechburg (7-7).
Bishop Canevin 3, Springdale 0 — Springdale (10-7) kept it close early with top-seeded Bishop Canevin but could not match the Crusaders the rest of the way in a Class-A first-round playoff match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- Executive stayed busy with business, civic work
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities