Alle-Kiski Valley roundup: Knoch sweeps Blackhawk in girls volleyball
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Knoch rolled into the girls volleyball quarterfinals with a commanding, 3-0 victory over Blackhawk on Thursday in a first-round playoff match at Hopewell High School.
The Lady Knights (15-2), seeded sixth in the Class AA bracket, cruised with game scores of 25-17, 25-14 and 25-8.
Celinka Sanks managed 13 kills and Mary Zellhart added 16 service points and five kills in the win.
Knoch advances to play Thomas Jefferson on Tuesday at a time and site to be determined.
Thomas Jefferson 3, Kittanning 0 — No. 3 seed Thomas Jefferson ousted the Wildcats (11-4) with scores of 25-15, 25-22 and 25-4 in the first-round match.
Terra Schall had five kills to lead Kittanning.
Our Lady of the Sacred Heart 3, Leechburg 0 — Leechburg fell to No. 3 OLSH in the first round of the WPIAL Class A playoffs.
Kassidi Horrell recorded seven kills while Marisa George had eight blocks and Alli Oberdorf had nine assists to lead Leechburg (7-7).
Bishop Canevin 3, Springdale 0 — Springdale (10-7) kept it close early with top-seeded Bishop Canevin but could not match the Crusaders the rest of the way in a Class-A first-round playoff match.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bryant suspension opens doors for other Steelers’ receivers
- Steelers notebook: LB Harrison believes Goodell will prevail in Brady ruling
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Pitt defense enters new season with something to prove
- Fatal accident reported in Jefferson Twp.
- Kid Lit Style Children’s books inspire decor choices
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- NFL notebook: Bills cut RB Jackson, name Taylor starting QB
- Aliquippa RB Bronaugh to miss season after cancer diagnosis
- Steelworkers union says ATI talks to resume
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans