Frazier girls volleyball team eliminated from playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cassidy Guiser had 16 kills and 10 service points, but the Frazier girls volleyball team lost 3-1 to Carlynton in a WPIAL Class A first-round playoff match Wednesday at Canon-McMillan High School.
Carlynton won 25-23, 15-25, 25-14, 25-20.
Frazier's Jamie Muccioli had 25 assists, and Kelsey Holp piled up 14 digs. Alexandra Chuboy added seven kills for the Commodores (12-3).
The Cougars (14-4) advance to the quarterfinals and will play Tuesday against the winner of Thursday's first-round match between Laurel and Greensburg Central Catholic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- Researchers uncover details to help get GOP candidates elected
- McKeesport Area teacher among winners at group’s inaugural Champions of Learning awards dinner
- McKeesport Area student’s prize-winning song about brother helps heal family tragedy’s wounds
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, ‘day-to-day’ with concussion
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- New Kensington resident looks to transform city
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy