Frazier girls volleyball team eliminated from playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cassidy Guiser had 16 kills and 10 service points, but the Frazier girls volleyball team lost 3-1 to Carlynton in a WPIAL Class A first-round playoff match Wednesday at Canon-McMillan High School.
Carlynton won 25-23, 15-25, 25-14, 25-20.
Frazier's Jamie Muccioli had 25 assists, and Kelsey Holp piled up 14 digs. Alexandra Chuboy added seven kills for the Commodores (12-3).
The Cougars (14-4) advance to the quarterfinals and will play Tuesday against the winner of Thursday's first-round match between Laurel and Greensburg Central Catholic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Pleasant Hills Night Out attracts large crowd
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- McKeesport councilman fined, given probation in gambling ring
- Whitaker man to serve 2 life sentences for West Mifflin murders
- Strike remains possible for East Allegheny teachers
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Pirates think Mercer’s defense deserves more credit
- PennDOT response fails to satisfy New Kensington’s safety concerns about Route 366
- Former walk-ons may lose scholarships under Penn State’s Franklin