Frazier girls volleyball team eliminated from playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cassidy Guiser had 16 kills and 10 service points, but the Frazier girls volleyball team lost 3-1 to Carlynton in a WPIAL Class A first-round playoff match Wednesday at Canon-McMillan High School.
Carlynton won 25-23, 15-25, 25-14, 25-20.
Frazier's Jamie Muccioli had 25 assists, and Kelsey Holp piled up 14 digs. Alexandra Chuboy added seven kills for the Commodores (12-3).
The Cougars (14-4) advance to the quarterfinals and will play Tuesday against the winner of Thursday's first-round match between Laurel and Greensburg Central Catholic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State police say escaped Armstrong County inmate has been captured
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Emails among Governor Wolf’s aides reveal concern over AG Kane
- At least 3 people, including 12-year-old boy, wounded in Homewood shooting
- Warrant issued for man accused of killing Brookline woman
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment