Frazier girls volleyball team eliminated from playoffs
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cassidy Guiser had 16 kills and 10 service points, but the Frazier girls volleyball team lost 3-1 to Carlynton in a WPIAL Class A first-round playoff match Wednesday at Canon-McMillan High School.
Carlynton won 25-23, 15-25, 25-14, 25-20.
Frazier's Jamie Muccioli had 25 assists, and Kelsey Holp piled up 14 digs. Alexandra Chuboy added seven kills for the Commodores (12-3).
The Cougars (14-4) advance to the quarterfinals and will play Tuesday against the winner of Thursday's first-round match between Laurel and Greensburg Central Catholic.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Sting highlights demand for Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
- Penguins notebook: Bennett a healthy scratch
- Serena Williams wins 6th Australian Open for 19th major title
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- Goodell defends league, dodges difficult questions
- Wilkinsburg auto dealer scammed at least 30 people, police say
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets