Daily Courier roundup: Uniontown's Edenfield takes 4th in PIAA Class AA cross country finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Uniontown senior Nate Edenfield (16:41) finished fourth overall and senior teammate Brady Guthrie (17:03) was 17th in the PIAA Class AA cross country championship on Saturday in Hershey. The Uniontown boys finished seventh overall in the Class AA race. Other Uniontown boys runners included juniors Braden Carei (17:58, 48th), Paul Klatt (18:02, 51st), Justin Hostetler (18:25, 66th) and Patrick Hager (18:48, 92nd) and senior Jacob Cahn (19:04, 98th).
Southmoreland sophomore Ben Bickerton (17:33) placed 46th overall in his first trip to states.
Dallas High School senior Dominic Deluca (16:21) was the Class AA winner and Tunkhannock won the team championship.
Senior Tony Russell (15:49) won the Class AAA race to lead West Chester Henderson to the team title. In Class A, South Williamsport junior Griffin Molino (15:54) took the top spot. Saegertown won the team championship.
In the Class AA girls competition, Uniontown senior Julie Gerber (19:39) placed 12th overall and junior teammate Jade Bellotti (20:42) was 52nd. In her second trip to states, Southmoreland sophomore Riley Beistel (21:01) finished 84th.
Saucon Valley senior Elizabeth Chikotas (18:43) was the race winner. Dallas won the team title.
Laurel Highlands junior Marisa Deichert (19:45) placed 34th in the Class AAA girls race. Abington Heights senior Tessa Barrett (17:30) was the race winner. Unionville earned the team championship.
Vincentian Academy freshman Marianne Abdalah (18:24) was the winner in the Class A competition. Holy Cross was crowned team champion.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Johnstown man accused of sexual misconduct at state park
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- ‘Walk in the Park’ is postponed in Mt. Pleasant
- New EMV debit/credit cards arriving in Mon Valley
- Plum plans to add dugouts to 2 baseball fields
- Regency Park parents: Build the school
- Scottie Sports Roundup — soccer teams flourish
- Pitcairn continues demolition plans