Pittsburgh Tribune-Review athletes of the week: Sewickley Academy's Anthony Stinson, Bishop Canevin's Ashley Grimm
TribLIVE Sports Videos
School: Sewickley Academy
Claim to fame: Stinson scored 17 goals and dished out 10 assists this year, helping Sewickley Academy advance to play Beaver County Christian in the WPIAL finals Saturday. In his biggest offensive outburst of the season, Stinson scored four goals for the Panthers in their 7-2 nonsection win over Hopewell on Oct. 15.
Can Sewickley Academy make a deep run in the state playoffs again this year?
Yes, I think we can. We've had a few close games recently, so I think we have to play more convincing soccer. Also, if we want to win the WPIAL and get back to the state finals, we'll all have to play better defense.
Have you decided where you want to attend college?
I've been looking at Southern Methodist University and Bucknell. As far as for soccer, I've talked to Washington & Jefferson.
Do you have a major in mind?
Engineering or business. Right now, I'm in a few economics classes that I really like. My dad is an engineer, and I think I would enjoy that career.
What's the best Halloween costume you've ever had?
I'd have to say when I was a lion in the seventh grade or two years ago when I was J. Gatsby.
School: Bishop Canevin
Claim to fame: Grimm had six kills and seven aces in the top-seeded Crusaders' 3-0 win over Springdale in the first round of the WPIAL Class A playoffs Thursday. Grimm is a four-time all-section selection and last year was selected to the Pennsylvania Volleyball Coaches Association all-state team. Grimm is Bishop Canevin's all-time leader in kills (587) and digs (936).
Have you picked a college yet?
Not yet. I'm looking at Rogers Williams University in Rhode Island, St. Vincent and Frostburg. I'm looking for somewhere that will have my major but isn't too far from home. I want to study marine biology.
When you look back at your career, how fulfilling is it to know you'll graduate as one of Bishop Canevin's top volleyball players?
It's an amazing honor. It makes me just want to keep working harder so I can continue what I've done the last four years in college.
— Brian Graham
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Pa. candidates address equal rights, economic equity in Connellsville
- Justice blames feud for his ouster; chief of court admits he did seek to remove him
- Greater Latrobe teachers, school board approve 5-year contract
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Alle-Kiski Valley roundup: Riverview volleyball outs Chartiers-Houston
- Sewage plans for hotel, Sheetz OK’d by Connellsville council
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Sheetz to expand in Bullskin
- Rural communities can’t shake effects of subprime crisis