Connellsville girls fall 69-56 to Penn-Trafford
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Maria Palarino scored a game-high 22 points, and three teammates also scored in double figures for Penn-Trafford on Monday in its 69-56 win over Connellsville in Section 1-AAAA.
Casey Aunkst added 19 points for Penn-Trafford (3-2, 2-0), while Katy Abreu and Athena Biondi added 13 and 10 points, respectively. Maria Merendino led Connellsville (1-4, 0-2) with 17 points, Madison Wiltrout added 11 and Ashton Grimm had 10.
Mt. Pleasant 49, Indiana 45 — Elaina Fearer scored 18 points for Mt. Pleasant (2-3, 1-0) in Section 3-AAA. Jessica Stever led Indiana (3-3, 1-1) with 15 points.
Southmoreland 45, Derry 41 — Julea Claycomb scored 14 points, and Olivia Porter added 11 for Southmoreland (2-2, 1-1) in its Section 3-AAA win. Rachel Garris led Derry (1-4, 0-2) with 12 points.
West Greene 53, Geibel 32 — Karly Judy had 20 points for Geibel (1-2) in a nonsection loss.
Indiana 11, Connellsville 0 — Camden Lydick scored a hat trick and had three assists for Indiana in its Open Division victory. Thomas Petro scored a pair of goals and an assist.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Lambo no longer in limbo with Pirates
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Pair share love of dance with youths in Fayette, Westmoreland
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary
- Google’s corporate products division changes name
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Alle-Kiski Valley high school roundup: No. 2 Riverview wins in opener
- Netflix offers new way to share recommendations