Connellsville girls fall 69-56 to Penn-Trafford
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Maria Palarino scored a game-high 22 points, and three teammates also scored in double figures for Penn-Trafford on Monday in its 69-56 win over Connellsville in Section 1-AAAA.
Casey Aunkst added 19 points for Penn-Trafford (3-2, 2-0), while Katy Abreu and Athena Biondi added 13 and 10 points, respectively. Maria Merendino led Connellsville (1-4, 0-2) with 17 points, Madison Wiltrout added 11 and Ashton Grimm had 10.
Mt. Pleasant 49, Indiana 45 — Elaina Fearer scored 18 points for Mt. Pleasant (2-3, 1-0) in Section 3-AAA. Jessica Stever led Indiana (3-3, 1-1) with 15 points.
Southmoreland 45, Derry 41 — Julea Claycomb scored 14 points, and Olivia Porter added 11 for Southmoreland (2-2, 1-1) in its Section 3-AAA win. Rachel Garris led Derry (1-4, 0-2) with 12 points.
West Greene 53, Geibel 32 — Karly Judy had 20 points for Geibel (1-2) in a nonsection loss.
Indiana 11, Connellsville 0 — Camden Lydick scored a hat trick and had three assists for Indiana in its Open Division victory. Thomas Petro scored a pair of goals and an assist.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Letters show Ford City had chance at cutting debt by more than $450K
- Trib Cup: North Allegheny, Blackhawk, Seton-La Salle, Vincentian lead winter standings
- Kiski Area Intermediate School band chosen to play at state conference
- Penguins’ protracted slump continues with 5-2 loss at Carolina
- Former Kittanning hockey players raise bar at UPJ
- Youngwood Lions Club seeks new members with a heart to help the community
- New Kensington-Arnold School Board superintendent hangs on as board vote falls short
- Cops nab Donora assault suspect
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- Bodies of Kochu, Gray found in Ohio River in West Virginia
- Harrison rape suspect awaiting trial accused of sexual contact with 6-year-old