Connellsville girls fall 69-56 to Penn-Trafford
By Staff Reports
Published: Monday, Dec. 16, 2013, 11:00 p.m.
Maria Palarino scored a game-high 22 points, and three teammates also scored in double figures for Penn-Trafford on Monday in its 69-56 win over Connellsville in Section 1-AAAA.
Casey Aunkst added 19 points for Penn-Trafford (3-2, 2-0), while Katy Abreu and Athena Biondi added 13 and 10 points, respectively. Maria Merendino led Connellsville (1-4, 0-2) with 17 points, Madison Wiltrout added 11 and Ashton Grimm had 10.
Mt. Pleasant 49, Indiana 45 — Elaina Fearer scored 18 points for Mt. Pleasant (2-3, 1-0) in Section 3-AAA. Jessica Stever led Indiana (3-3, 1-1) with 15 points.
Southmoreland 45, Derry 41 — Julea Claycomb scored 14 points, and Olivia Porter added 11 for Southmoreland (2-2, 1-1) in its Section 3-AAA win. Rachel Garris led Derry (1-4, 0-2) with 12 points.
West Greene 53, Geibel 32 — Karly Judy had 20 points for Geibel (1-2) in a nonsection loss.
Indiana 11, Connellsville 0 — Camden Lydick scored a hat trick and had three assists for Indiana in its Open Division victory. Thomas Petro scored a pair of goals and an assist.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Elizabeth council seeks $500,000 state gaming grant to aid flood recovery
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Roundup: Renovations planned for South Hills Village; Average airfares rising slowly, government reports; more
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- White Oak residents can sign up through borough police for county’s new registry