HS Buzz: South Fayette's Brumbaugh, North Catholic's Long honored
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Two of the WPIAL's top championship performers were honored this week with selection to the MaxPreps All-American Football Team.
Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic senior lineman Ryan Long (6-foot-2, 250) was named first-team offense for the small schools team, and South Fayette junior quarterback Brett Brumbaugh (6-4, 200) — the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Player of the Year — was recognized as an offensive second-teamer on the medium-schools team.
Long was an all-state selection and helped the Trojans win WPIAL and PIAA Class A titles. Brumbaugh, also the state's player of the year, threw for 3,917 yards and 41 touchdowns for the WPIAL and PIAA Class AA champion Lions.
Coaches vs. Cancer at Geneva
Geneva College in Beaver Falls will a play host to a full slate of top-flight basketball matchups next Saturday as part of the Coaches vs. Cancer Clash of the Titans.
Highly-ranked teams and Division I prospects highlight a boys schedule that includes Hampton vs. Central Valley at 3 p.m., East Liverpool, Ohio vs. Central Catholic at 4:30, Montour vs. Mt. Lebanon at 6, Kiski School vs. Lincoln Park at 7:30 and Beaver Falls vs. New Castle at 9.
Hampton and Central Valley girls will play at 1:30 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- Alleged abuse by Franciscan friar nets $8M for 88 former students
- Point Breeze couple surprised with 2nd honeymoon by Ellen DeGeneres
- Cranberry: Construction restrictions lifted on Route 228
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Tuesday - October 21, 2014
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 8 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial