Connellsville local roundup: Falcons girls fall to Latrobe
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taley Dunaway scored 18 points, and Emma Kate Womack added 16 as the Latrobe girls basketball team defeated visiting Connellsville, 65-48, in a Section 1-AAAA game Saturday. Madison Kollar scored 12 points for the Wildcats (8-7, 5-5).
Maria Merendino led the Falcons (6-11, 3-7) with 14 points.
Bedford Tournament — Mt. Pleasant's Josh Lind (220 pounds) took third place Saturday. The Vikings' Ethan Charlesworth (152) earned a seventh-place finish.
Penn State Fayette 70, Penn State York 66 — Jill Guthrie scored 18 points, and Caitlin Wontroba added 16 as the Roaring Lions (9-7, 8-1) beat visiting Penn State York in a PSUAC game on Saturday. Shannon Flament scored 14 points, and Tara Neely had 10 points.
Hannah York led Penn State York (9-6, 6-4) with a game-high 26 points. Courtney Riggs scored 15 points, and Katie McNamara added 13 points.
Penn State York 84, Penn State Fayette 75 — Logan Steckel scored a game-high 27 points, and Josh Jamison added 20 points as Penn State York (17-0, 11-0) beat host Penn State Fayette in a PSUAC game on Saturday. Ben Todd added 10 points.
Matt McKenna led the Roaring Lions (8-10, 7-3) with 24 points, and Luke Williams followed with 20 points. Spencer Perieff added 12 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Munhall officials miffed at ex-manager for leaving town
- McKeesport lawmaker’s bill would fund more police by upping fines
- Clairton residents share concerns over sewage bills
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- W. Mifflin backs drilling at airport
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul