Connellsville local roundup: Falcons girls fall to Latrobe
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taley Dunaway scored 18 points, and Emma Kate Womack added 16 as the Latrobe girls basketball team defeated visiting Connellsville, 65-48, in a Section 1-AAAA game Saturday. Madison Kollar scored 12 points for the Wildcats (8-7, 5-5).
Maria Merendino led the Falcons (6-11, 3-7) with 14 points.
Bedford Tournament — Mt. Pleasant's Josh Lind (220 pounds) took third place Saturday. The Vikings' Ethan Charlesworth (152) earned a seventh-place finish.
Penn State Fayette 70, Penn State York 66 — Jill Guthrie scored 18 points, and Caitlin Wontroba added 16 as the Roaring Lions (9-7, 8-1) beat visiting Penn State York in a PSUAC game on Saturday. Shannon Flament scored 14 points, and Tara Neely had 10 points.
Hannah York led Penn State York (9-6, 6-4) with a game-high 26 points. Courtney Riggs scored 15 points, and Katie McNamara added 13 points.
Penn State York 84, Penn State Fayette 75 — Logan Steckel scored a game-high 27 points, and Josh Jamison added 20 points as Penn State York (17-0, 11-0) beat host Penn State Fayette in a PSUAC game on Saturday. Ben Todd added 10 points.
Matt McKenna led the Roaring Lions (8-10, 7-3) with 24 points, and Luke Williams followed with 20 points. Spencer Perieff added 12 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Reports say 1 dead at Fort Meade gate crashing
- Owner of Penn Hills tombstone business pleads guilty to swindling the bereaved
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- LaBar: WrestleMania 31 one of the best ever
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Researchers uncover details to help get GOP candidates elected
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties