Connellsville local roundup: Falcons girls fall to Latrobe
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Taley Dunaway scored 18 points, and Emma Kate Womack added 16 as the Latrobe girls basketball team defeated visiting Connellsville, 65-48, in a Section 1-AAAA game Saturday. Madison Kollar scored 12 points for the Wildcats (8-7, 5-5).
Maria Merendino led the Falcons (6-11, 3-7) with 14 points.
Bedford Tournament — Mt. Pleasant's Josh Lind (220 pounds) took third place Saturday. The Vikings' Ethan Charlesworth (152) earned a seventh-place finish.
Penn State Fayette 70, Penn State York 66 — Jill Guthrie scored 18 points, and Caitlin Wontroba added 16 as the Roaring Lions (9-7, 8-1) beat visiting Penn State York in a PSUAC game on Saturday. Shannon Flament scored 14 points, and Tara Neely had 10 points.
Hannah York led Penn State York (9-6, 6-4) with a game-high 26 points. Courtney Riggs scored 15 points, and Katie McNamara added 13 points.
Penn State York 84, Penn State Fayette 75 — Logan Steckel scored a game-high 27 points, and Josh Jamison added 20 points as Penn State York (17-0, 11-0) beat host Penn State Fayette in a PSUAC game on Saturday. Ben Todd added 10 points.
Matt McKenna led the Roaring Lions (8-10, 7-3) with 24 points, and Luke Williams followed with 20 points. Spencer Perieff added 12 points.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Climate changes, habitat loss cited as threats to 314 bird species
- Outdoor notices: Dec. 22, 2014
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- NYPD: Cop ambush killer told passers-by to watch
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job