Baldwin girls competing at PIAA cheerleading finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Baldwin's competitive cheerleaders are visiting Chocolate Town this weekend.
The Baldwin girls have advanced to the PIAA competitive spirit championships to be held Friday and Saturday at Hershey's Giant Center.
Baldwin qualified in the medium squad division at the recent WPIAL competition held at North Hills Middle School.
“They had a great time competing and representing their school at the WPIAL (championships),” Taryn Madden, Baldwin's head coach, said. “It was great to see so many teams in our area together at the level of the rest of the high school sports.
Baldwin team members consist of seniors Leah Bartos, Nicole Carretta, Jennifer Debski, Amanda Dowd, Hannah Dziamniski, Kayla Henchell, Morgan Hudson, Kaethe Kuss, Alexa Przywara and Kelli Rojtas; juniors Samantha Butelli, Dani DuBrosky, Lauren Eisel, Breanna Eyles, Cassie Fischer, Mia Rodgers, Megan Staab and Stephanie Teahan; and sophomores Mariah Pacella and Samantha Przywara.
“They are very excited to continue on to the PIAA championships,” Madden said.
Baldwin finished fifth at the WPIAL championship with a 186.5-point total.
Routines at the WPIAL competition included a cheer, stunts, tumbling, pyramids and dancing within a time limit.
Pine-Richland won its second WPIAL Class AAA title this year. The two other WPIAL champs were Highlands in Class AA and Chartiers-Houston in Class A.
Ray Fisher is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-388-5820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Concert aims to heal wounds of Armstrong veterans
- Grant helps Armstrong agency provide cribs to needy families
- Armstrong fire departments sharpen river rescue skills
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Gameday: Pirates at Tigers, July 2, 2015
- W. Elizabeth mulls cost of new garage