Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin topples rival Kittanning in boys basketball
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Call West Shamokin the king of the Armstrong School District.
Jake Hough and Scott Przybysz each scored 14 points for the Wolves in a nonsection win over visiting Kittanning, 48-36.
The win completes a season sweep for West Shamokin over their Armstrong School District rival as it also took both meetings with Ford City.
Zane Clowser added 13 points, and Hough grabbed 11 rebounds for West Shamokin (15-3).
Noah Kunst contributed 10 points, and Alek Shaffer added eight to lead Kittanning (7-12).
Leechburg 39, Trinity Christian 29 — Ben Ritchie scored 17 points as Leechburg knocked off visiting Trinity Christian in Section 4-A play. The win avenged a one-point loss from their previous meeting.
Alex Sipolino chipped in seven points for Leechburg (8-11, 2-7).
Jonathan Murphy scored eight points for Trinity Christian (8-12, 3-6).
Indiana 65, Freeport 51 — Riley Stapleton converted three of Indiana's seven 3-pointers, and tied Kevin Jack with a team-high 17 points during the Section 1-AAA win for the Indians (18-2, 9-2).
Josh Beale sank four 3-pointers as he scored a game-high 25 points to pace Freeport (8-11, 2-9).
Apollo-Ridge 47, Riverview 34 — Julia DeMeno scored 15 points, and Megan Bonelli added 11 to lead the playoff-bound Vikings (12-7) to a nonsection win at home.
Bree Patsey and Sadie Buscher each scored 13 to lead Riverview (12-8).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Report: Man jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- After years of lobbying, Big Ben has Steelers running the no-huddle
- Slide stabilization project delayed
- Steelers notebook: Brown calls Sanders’ comments about Roethlisberger ‘terrible’
- EPA talks on pollution limits trigger protests, arrests Downtown
- Steelers hold high hopes for pass defense
- It’s lights out for Bayer sign on Mt. Washington
- NFL notebook: Ravens RB Rice calls actions ‘totally inexcusable’
- Beloved teacher at 3 Western Pa. schools hears from students across nation
- Joe Greene only 2nd player in Steelers history to get number retired