Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin topples rival Kittanning in boys basketball
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Call West Shamokin the king of the Armstrong School District.
Jake Hough and Scott Przybysz each scored 14 points for the Wolves in a nonsection win over visiting Kittanning, 48-36.
The win completes a season sweep for West Shamokin over their Armstrong School District rival as it also took both meetings with Ford City.
Zane Clowser added 13 points, and Hough grabbed 11 rebounds for West Shamokin (15-3).
Noah Kunst contributed 10 points, and Alek Shaffer added eight to lead Kittanning (7-12).
Leechburg 39, Trinity Christian 29 — Ben Ritchie scored 17 points as Leechburg knocked off visiting Trinity Christian in Section 4-A play. The win avenged a one-point loss from their previous meeting.
Alex Sipolino chipped in seven points for Leechburg (8-11, 2-7).
Jonathan Murphy scored eight points for Trinity Christian (8-12, 3-6).
Indiana 65, Freeport 51 — Riley Stapleton converted three of Indiana's seven 3-pointers, and tied Kevin Jack with a team-high 17 points during the Section 1-AAA win for the Indians (18-2, 9-2).
Josh Beale sank four 3-pointers as he scored a game-high 25 points to pace Freeport (8-11, 2-9).
Apollo-Ridge 47, Riverview 34 — Julia DeMeno scored 15 points, and Megan Bonelli added 11 to lead the playoff-bound Vikings (12-7) to a nonsection win at home.
Bree Patsey and Sadie Buscher each scored 13 to lead Riverview (12-8).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Revised Butler Township rules won’t apply to Krendale Golf Course drilling
- Plan calls for closing all Butler city elementary schools
- Voting reform pressed as money-saver for Butler County
- Predators GM Poile: Penguins’ firing of Shero not fair
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60s band Cream, dies at 71
- Drivers beware: Time is ripe for deer-related crashes
- Small businesses plan for profitable winter
- Mon Valley YMCA scholarship auction planned
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Cranberry officials salute longtime firefighters
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers