Shady Side graduate to play lacrosse at Oberlin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ian McCague, a 2013 Shady Side Academy graduate who attended Mercersburg as a post-graduate student this year, will attend Oberlin in the fall and play on its lacrosse team.
McCague (6-foot-2, 205) played the attack position. In his senior year at SSA, he scored 28 goals and had 25 assists and was named a True Lacrosse all-star.
This past season, he also played as an offensive and defensive lineman on Mercerburg's football team. He chose Oberlin over Trinity, Franklin & Marshall, Skidmore and Wesleyan.
“Oberlin has a strong academic reputation — specifically in economics — and new athletic facilities, a competitive athletic conference, great coaches and a beautiful campus,” McCague said. “The guys on the team were really great on my official visit, and it just felt like home.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Injured DT Render missing from Pitt depth chart
- Reports: Steelers trade for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.
- Derry Township man killed when ATV flips
- Steelworkers scoff at ATI earnings claim
- Two-vehicle collision causes detour on Route 22 West near Murrysville Dairy Queen