Shady Side graduate to play lacrosse at Oberlin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ian McCague, a 2013 Shady Side Academy graduate who attended Mercersburg as a post-graduate student this year, will attend Oberlin in the fall and play on its lacrosse team.
McCague (6-foot-2, 205) played the attack position. In his senior year at SSA, he scored 28 goals and had 25 assists and was named a True Lacrosse all-star.
This past season, he also played as an offensive and defensive lineman on Mercerburg's football team. He chose Oberlin over Trinity, Franklin & Marshall, Skidmore and Wesleyan.
“Oberlin has a strong academic reputation — specifically in economics — and new athletic facilities, a competitive athletic conference, great coaches and a beautiful campus,” McCague said. “The guys on the team were really great on my official visit, and it just felt like home.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Mars Area superintendent resigns after short tenure
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Truck wreck snarls traffic in Beaver County
- Police arrest 14-year-old in connection to bomb threats phoned in to South Hills schools
- Bomb threat prompts search at Norwin High School
- Parkway West ramps to be closed at Carnegie
- Penguins send down pair, Bortuzzo practices
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Pittsburgh City Council President officially cited for dumping trash on steps of South Side business