Shady Side graduate to play lacrosse at Oberlin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ian McCague, a 2013 Shady Side Academy graduate who attended Mercersburg as a post-graduate student this year, will attend Oberlin in the fall and play on its lacrosse team.
McCague (6-foot-2, 205) played the attack position. In his senior year at SSA, he scored 28 goals and had 25 assists and was named a True Lacrosse all-star.
This past season, he also played as an offensive and defensive lineman on Mercerburg's football team. He chose Oberlin over Trinity, Franklin & Marshall, Skidmore and Wesleyan.
“Oberlin has a strong academic reputation — specifically in economics — and new athletic facilities, a competitive athletic conference, great coaches and a beautiful campus,” McCague said. “The guys on the team were really great on my official visit, and it just felt like home.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- Grand jury report says Western Psych failed to cooperate with police
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Steelers linebacker Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- Pirates notebook: Mercer welcomes chance in No. 2 spot
- Police say naked woman stabs three women during street fight in McKees Rocks
- Pennsylvania Turnpike Southern Beltway extension gets funding
- NFL notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders picks Manning over Big Ben
- Old water treatment plant in Dunbar Township destroyed by fire