Shady Side graduate to play lacrosse at Oberlin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ian McCague, a 2013 Shady Side Academy graduate who attended Mercersburg as a post-graduate student this year, will attend Oberlin in the fall and play on its lacrosse team.
McCague (6-foot-2, 205) played the attack position. In his senior year at SSA, he scored 28 goals and had 25 assists and was named a True Lacrosse all-star.
This past season, he also played as an offensive and defensive lineman on Mercerburg's football team. He chose Oberlin over Trinity, Franklin & Marshall, Skidmore and Wesleyan.
“Oberlin has a strong academic reputation — specifically in economics — and new athletic facilities, a competitive athletic conference, great coaches and a beautiful campus,” McCague said. “The guys on the team were really great on my official visit, and it just felt like home.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 107 years
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- ‘We are’ chant now a permanent fixture on Penn State campus
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pa. could ease restrictions on fireworks, reaping big bang in taxes
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- 1 killed, 4 hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- Regatta moving bands off Barge Stage
- Shareholders approve Heinz, Kraft merger