Shady Side graduate to play lacrosse at Oberlin
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ian McCague, a 2013 Shady Side Academy graduate who attended Mercersburg as a post-graduate student this year, will attend Oberlin in the fall and play on its lacrosse team.
McCague (6-foot-2, 205) played the attack position. In his senior year at SSA, he scored 28 goals and had 25 assists and was named a True Lacrosse all-star.
This past season, he also played as an offensive and defensive lineman on Mercerburg's football team. He chose Oberlin over Trinity, Franklin & Marshall, Skidmore and Wesleyan.
“Oberlin has a strong academic reputation — specifically in economics — and new athletic facilities, a competitive athletic conference, great coaches and a beautiful campus,” McCague said. “The guys on the team were really great on my official visit, and it just felt like home.”
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Icy roads causing multiple accidents Sunday evening
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally