Norwin girls win WPIBL title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brooke Lundy bowled a 589 three-game series, including a 244, to lead Norwin to the WPIBL girls bowling championship Thursday at Paradise Island Bowl.
Norwin edged Hempfield, 2,651 to 2,593.
Also scoring for Norwin were Brianna Lundy (566), Jules Goehring (521), Lizzy Pusateri (490) and Dori Miller (485).
Gateway, Plum and North Allegheny rounded out the top five.
Hempfield won the boys title Wednesday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jack Bruce, bassist of 60s band Cream, dies at 71
- Cafeteria worker tried to stop Washington school shooter
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Flight 93 memorial fire hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- DEP orders cleanup of former Jeannette Glass property to resume
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return