Norwin girls win WPIBL title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brooke Lundy bowled a 589 three-game series, including a 244, to lead Norwin to the WPIBL girls bowling championship Thursday at Paradise Island Bowl.
Norwin edged Hempfield, 2,651 to 2,593.
Also scoring for Norwin were Brianna Lundy (566), Jules Goehring (521), Lizzy Pusateri (490) and Dori Miller (485).
Gateway, Plum and North Allegheny rounded out the top five.
Hempfield won the boys title Wednesday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hospitals turn to technology to tear down language barriers with patients
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world in Holdzkom
- Former Titans kicker Bironas killed in accident
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- NASA’s Maven explorer arriving at Mars year-long trek
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Penguins notebook: Crosby sits, could be out ‘couple days’
- Former drug dealer, addict give away groceries as part of New Kensington church’s outreach
- Hill District leaders irked as Penguins submit former Civic Arena site plan to city
- Who speaks for our hills? These regional assets are taking a beating