Norwin girls win WPIBL title
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Brooke Lundy bowled a 589 three-game series, including a 244, to lead Norwin to the WPIBL girls bowling championship Thursday at Paradise Island Bowl.
Norwin edged Hempfield, 2,651 to 2,593.
Also scoring for Norwin were Brianna Lundy (566), Jules Goehring (521), Lizzy Pusateri (490) and Dori Miller (485).
Gateway, Plum and North Allegheny rounded out the top five.
Hempfield won the boys title Wednesday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- How the Pirates put together another postseason contender
- Cubs’ Arrieta, Pirates’ Cole leave batters with little margin for error
- Pittsburgh council to consider extending business district tax
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Heating oil costs lowest in years