Hempfield's Henderson, Butler's Paul win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Jonathan Henderson rolled a 257 in the championship match to defeat Knoch's Brett Miner and earn a Western Pennsylvania regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl.
Henderson averaged 190 pins in the six-game qualifying round, then won three matches in the stepladder finals.
Butler's Megan Paul, who averaged 177.8 pins in the qualifying round, defeated Montour's Katie Gales, 177-140, in the girls championship match.
The top 12 finishers advance to the state singles championships March 14, also at North Versailles Bowl.
The regional team championships are Saturday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Happ’s strong start, Ramirez’s homer pace Pirates past Rockies
- Rossi: Beleaguered Steelers need MVP from Big Ben
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin mum on Bryant suspension
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle’s faith in Polanco pays off
- Pitt’s cancer institute marks 30 years with eye toward future
- Pitt star running back Conner remains grounded despite success
- U.S. closes in on offshore tax evasion
- Boys soccer preview: Fresh of winning Section 1-AAA title, Penn-Trafford boys hope to maintain momentum with new coach
- Architecture: Pittsburgh history in 10 houses
- Shale gas violations down as DEP steps up inspections