Hempfield's Henderson, Butler's Paul win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Jonathan Henderson rolled a 257 in the championship match to defeat Knoch's Brett Miner and earn a Western Pennsylvania regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl.
Henderson averaged 190 pins in the six-game qualifying round, then won three matches in the stepladder finals.
Butler's Megan Paul, who averaged 177.8 pins in the qualifying round, defeated Montour's Katie Gales, 177-140, in the girls championship match.
The top 12 finishers advance to the state singles championships March 14, also at North Versailles Bowl.
The regional team championships are Saturday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- As banking goes mobile, branch closures rip through local economy
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- NASA satellite to track water in soil
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Westmoreland museum spotlights artist John Kane’s late-in-life fame
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Burrell wrestling wins 9th straight Class AA team title