Hempfield's Henderson, Butler's Paul win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Jonathan Henderson rolled a 257 in the championship match to defeat Knoch's Brett Miner and earn a Western Pennsylvania regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl.
Henderson averaged 190 pins in the six-game qualifying round, then won three matches in the stepladder finals.
Butler's Megan Paul, who averaged 177.8 pins in the qualifying round, defeated Montour's Katie Gales, 177-140, in the girls championship match.
The top 12 finishers advance to the state singles championships March 14, also at North Versailles Bowl.
The regional team championships are Saturday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Concert aims to heal wounds of Armstrong veterans
- Grant helps Armstrong agency provide cribs to needy families
- Starkey: Rutherford hits jackpot with Kessel
- Armstrong fire departments sharpen river rescue skills
- Rossi: Wild Wednesday proves Steelers rule
- 2B Walker, Pirates smash through Tigers pitching in road victory
- Penguins notebook: Rutherford proves savvy in deal
- Penguins get their man in making trade with Toronto for Kessel
- Pirates notebook: Cole cool about hostile comment
- Higher school taxes prevail in Western Pennsylvania, Trib finds
- W. Elizabeth mulls cost of new garage