Hempfield's Henderson, Butler's Paul win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Jonathan Henderson rolled a 257 in the championship match to defeat Knoch's Brett Miner and earn a Western Pennsylvania regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl.
Henderson averaged 190 pins in the six-game qualifying round, then won three matches in the stepladder finals.
Butler's Megan Paul, who averaged 177.8 pins in the qualifying round, defeated Montour's Katie Gales, 177-140, in the girls championship match.
The top 12 finishers advance to the state singles championships March 14, also at North Versailles Bowl.
The regional team championships are Saturday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Greensburg pair jailed in convenience store robbery
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Burrell’s Beattie goes for 3rd PIAA Class AA Southwest Regional title vs. familiar opponent
- Gas service restored to 550 homes in California
- Record-breaking temps could make February the coldest one since 1979
- Ex-Brewers star Hart hopes to prove to Pirates he still can play
- 3-alarm fire burns Hill District row homes
- Butler County teen dies in ATV accident
- Vincentian girls dominate rival North Catholic for 4th straight WPIAL Class A title
- At Pitt, a chance to make early impression under Narduzzi