Hempfield's Henderson, Butler's Paul win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Jonathan Henderson rolled a 257 in the championship match to defeat Knoch's Brett Miner and earn a Western Pennsylvania regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl.
Henderson averaged 190 pins in the six-game qualifying round, then won three matches in the stepladder finals.
Butler's Megan Paul, who averaged 177.8 pins in the qualifying round, defeated Montour's Katie Gales, 177-140, in the girls championship match.
The top 12 finishers advance to the state singles championships March 14, also at North Versailles Bowl.
The regional team championships are Saturday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game