Hempfield's Henderson, Butler's Paul win regional bowling titles
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Hempfield's Jonathan Henderson rolled a 257 in the championship match to defeat Knoch's Brett Miner and earn a Western Pennsylvania regional bowling title Friday at North Versailles Bowl.
Henderson averaged 190 pins in the six-game qualifying round, then won three matches in the stepladder finals.
Butler's Megan Paul, who averaged 177.8 pins in the qualifying round, defeated Montour's Katie Gales, 177-140, in the girls championship match.
The top 12 finishers advance to the state singles championships March 14, also at North Versailles Bowl.
The regional team championships are Saturday.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- NFL notebook: Raiders name Sparano interim coach
- Pirates notebook: Martin feels ‘pretty good,’ will start vs. Giants
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- I-79 line painting begins Thursday
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Shareholders cheer eBay’s decision to spin off PayPal
- Virginia kicker says parents preached commitment
- Animal Friends receives $1.5 million state grant
- Public station WQED cutting staff in face of financial woes
- Pittsburgh rallies for second year of Pirates magic