PIAA board approves football changes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In its board of directors meeting Thursday, the PIAA made a slight change to the regular-season football schedule and full contact practices.
A recommendation to extend the regular season by two days was approved 22-9 to allow a JV matchup on Monday.
• After a 31-0 vote, the board added the total amount of time of weekly hitting at practice may not exceed 90 minutes.
• The board also denied an appeal filed by Sto-Rox to drop down to Class A for football. The district submitted incorrect enrollment figures, which led the PIAA to slot the team in AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- Butler legislator gives weekly GOP address
- ‘Cause for Paws’ telethon helps dogs find homes
- Newbill scores 20 as Penn State holds off Drexel
- Cat saved from California storm drain after 2 weeks
- Outdoors notices: Dec. 21, 2014
- Butler boxer training for Gold Gloves after winning recent bout
- Pittsburgh police break up customer fights over Air Jordan 11 shoes
- Police crash victim’s death ruled accidental
- Undersized Beachum quietly excels at 1 of game’s pivotal positions