PIAA board approves football changes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In its board of directors meeting Thursday, the PIAA made a slight change to the regular-season football schedule and full contact practices.
A recommendation to extend the regular season by two days was approved 22-9 to allow a JV matchup on Monday.
• After a 31-0 vote, the board added the total amount of time of weekly hitting at practice may not exceed 90 minutes.
• The board also denied an appeal filed by Sto-Rox to drop down to Class A for football. The district submitted incorrect enrollment figures, which led the PIAA to slot the team in AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With most starters resting, Steelers turn in lackluster loss at Heinz
- Liriano struggles as Brewers complete sweep of Pirates
- Pittsburgh Mayor Peduto: Public has stake in Penguins
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- Vick supporters, opponents demonstrate before Steelers’ game, but coexist
- District college game of the week: No. 8 John Carroll at St. Vincent
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- LaBar: Best next opponent for Brock Lesnar
- Brady elated over lifted suspension; Steelers fans deflated
- Gas cost, construction barrels coming down for Labor Day travelers
- Gorman: Friday night to be strange without Fedko