PIAA board approves football changes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In its board of directors meeting Thursday, the PIAA made a slight change to the regular-season football schedule and full contact practices.
A recommendation to extend the regular season by two days was approved 22-9 to allow a JV matchup on Monday.
• After a 31-0 vote, the board added the total amount of time of weekly hitting at practice may not exceed 90 minutes.
• The board also denied an appeal filed by Sto-Rox to drop down to Class A for football. The district submitted incorrect enrollment figures, which led the PIAA to slot the team in AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nutting says Pirates may ‘stretch’ for Martin
- Stocks slammed as manufacturing slows in U.S., abroad
- Consol Energy cutting retiree health benefits, phasing out pension
- NFL notebook: Ravens receiver Smith Sr. says he was ‘stabbed in back’ by Panthers
- Enterovirus D68 case confirmed in southwestern Pennsylvania
- Jobs on state website include ‘private party dancing,’ ‘car dates’
- Donetsk rattled by explosions; airport at risk
- Fans flock to what they hope will continue ‘magical season’
- City wants Leon Ford’s federal lawsuit put on hold
- News Alert
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice