PIAA board approves football changes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In its board of directors meeting Thursday, the PIAA made a slight change to the regular-season football schedule and full contact practices.
A recommendation to extend the regular season by two days was approved 22-9 to allow a JV matchup on Monday.
• After a 31-0 vote, the board added the total amount of time of weekly hitting at practice may not exceed 90 minutes.
• The board also denied an appeal filed by Sto-Rox to drop down to Class A for football. The district submitted incorrect enrollment figures, which led the PIAA to slot the team in AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens’ Dupuis out at least a month with lower-body injury
- Steelers’ Bryant returns from drug suspension, ‘won’t happen again’
- Starkey: Searage, Pirates ultra-confident
- New Steelers kicker Boswell ready for challenge at Heinz
- Allegheny Township home destroyed by fire
- Road crews are dealing with oil and sealant spills on roadways
- Husband, wife die in apparent murder-suicide in Baldwin Borough
- Audit: Pennsylvania’s education master plan is 16 years out of date
- Latrobe infant found in filth, police say
- Maddon, Hurdle are the models for modern major-league managers
- Pa. Gov. Wolf pushes ‘broad-based tax increase’ to avoid $2B deficit