PIAA board approves football changes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In its board of directors meeting Thursday, the PIAA made a slight change to the regular-season football schedule and full contact practices.
A recommendation to extend the regular season by two days was approved 22-9 to allow a JV matchup on Monday.
• After a 31-0 vote, the board added the total amount of time of weekly hitting at practice may not exceed 90 minutes.
• The board also denied an appeal filed by Sto-Rox to drop down to Class A for football. The district submitted incorrect enrollment figures, which led the PIAA to slot the team in AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers defense takes aim at Ravens QB Flacco
- Penn Hills man arrested in fatal Elliott home invasion
- Penguins GM Rutherford: Malkin’s play belies fact he missed training camp
- Evaporating cap on Pa. gasoline taxes to offset drops at pump
- High school football roundup: No. 13 Riverside upsets Beth-Center in 1st round
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end
- Young leads Pitt’s new-look lineup past IUP in exhibition opener
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Coastal Division lead within reach for Panthers
- Armstrong trying new program to have instruction when weather closes schools
- Nude photos of Penn Hills High School students spur investigation