PIAA board approves football changes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In its board of directors meeting Thursday, the PIAA made a slight change to the regular-season football schedule and full contact practices.
A recommendation to extend the regular season by two days was approved 22-9 to allow a JV matchup on Monday.
• After a 31-0 vote, the board added the total amount of time of weekly hitting at practice may not exceed 90 minutes.
• The board also denied an appeal filed by Sto-Rox to drop down to Class A for football. The district submitted incorrect enrollment figures, which led the PIAA to slot the team in AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Stupid Steelers
- Steelers running backs Bell, Blount will face drug charges
- New Kensington slaying victims identified
- It’s only exhibition, but these Steelers could solidify roster spots vs. Eagles
- Freeport Bridge opens, Route 356 traffic still affected
- Pitt sophomore Coles leaves football team
- GOP: Wolf ‘Fresh Start’ campaign violates Pennsylvania law
- Washington man, 70, charged after trooper pinned under car
- $4M floor project at Pittsburgh International Airport to replace drab gray, clickety-clack tile
- Records show Tomalis reported to work, key Pennsylvania senator says
- Commitment by Steelers’ Gilbert pays off