PIAA board approves football changes
TribLIVE Sports Videos
In its board of directors meeting Thursday, the PIAA made a slight change to the regular-season football schedule and full contact practices.
A recommendation to extend the regular season by two days was approved 22-9 to allow a JV matchup on Monday.
• After a 31-0 vote, the board added the total amount of time of weekly hitting at practice may not exceed 90 minutes.
• The board also denied an appeal filed by Sto-Rox to drop down to Class A for football. The district submitted incorrect enrollment figures, which led the PIAA to slot the team in AA.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Trade for Winnik gives Penguins’ competition among bottom six
- Student suicide brings issue of bullying to fore in New Kensington-Arnold
- Harrison mom, boyfriend charged in abuse of young boys
- Drivers survive head-on crash on Route 356 in Allegheny Township
- Rossi: Pirates better with Maz on scene
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Apollo targets owners who fail to maintain vacant properties
- Snow sculptors have a ball with Iceburgh, Einstein
- Charges dropped in dad’s stabbing
- Fast-growing Americans for Prosperity opens location in Greensburg
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson