McCrady steps up to lead Fox Chapel lacrosse in first varsity contest
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Megan McCrady, a freshman on the Fox Chapel lacrosse team, looked like a seasoned veteran in her first varsity game last week.
She scored five goals and added three assists.
For her accomplishment, she has been named The Herald Spotlight Athlete.
McCrady has been playing lacrosse since she was in the second grade and also is a member of the Fox Chapel field hockey team.
Here's a closer look at McCrady:
Q: Who have been your role models in sports and in life?
A: Definitely my parents. They were both athletes in college, and they've shared their experiences with me to help me develop both athletically and academically. Also, my grandfather Colvin has been a big inspiration to me.
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
Q: What's the best thing about living in Pittsburgh?
A: Definitely not the weather this winter! But I do like that we get to experience four seasons of different weather.
Q: Do you eat a lot of fish sandwiches during Lent?
A: No. I can't stand fish.
Q: What type of music do you listen to?
A: I like John Mayer's music.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Tim Tebow. I like that he's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Aside from lacrosse and field hockey, I like to travel.
Q: What is your favorite animal at the zoo?
A: The elephants.
Q: Do you get into the reality shows on TV?
A: My mom and I like to watch “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette.”
Q: What's your favorite vacation destination?
A: Boca Grande, Fla. My grandparents live there.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Justin Timberlake.
Q: Who makes the best pizza in Pittsburgh?
A: My neighbor, Lori Hardiman, makes a great pizza.
Q: What public figure would you like to see disappear from public view?
A: Justin Bieber. I used to like him but he turned into a bad role model.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
A: “The Notebook.”
Q: If you weren't playing lacrosse, what sport would you like to be playing?
A: I used to play basketball, so it would be basketball.
Q: What's your favorite class at school?
A: English and history are my favorites.
Q: What would make up your favorite all-time meal?
A: Chocolate chip pancakes. I love them.
Q: Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Q: Is there a song that always makes you want to dance or sing along?
A: “Pumping Blood” by Nonono.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I ...
A: ... Have visited a lot of different countries. I've been to Scotland, England, Jamaica, Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Canada.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Company seeks to reopen coal mine in Nottingham, Washington County
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Mt. Pleasant girls basketball coach eager to start season with versatile team
- Pine-Richland hopes to avoid ‘drop off’ against State College
- Kittanning boys basketball shoots for 4th straight playoff trip in program’s final season
- Holiday shoppers expected to spend conservatively
- Pitt receiver Boyd continues to grow on and off the field
- Mexico targets local corruption
- Florida roommates find a career in playing video games on web channel Twitch
- Through the years: A look at final games of A-K Valley schools