McCrady steps up to lead Fox Chapel lacrosse in first varsity contest
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Megan McCrady, a freshman on the Fox Chapel lacrosse team, looked like a seasoned veteran in her first varsity game last week.
She scored five goals and added three assists.
For her accomplishment, she has been named The Herald Spotlight Athlete.
McCrady has been playing lacrosse since she was in the second grade and also is a member of the Fox Chapel field hockey team.
Here's a closer look at McCrady:
Q: Who have been your role models in sports and in life?
A: Definitely my parents. They were both athletes in college, and they've shared their experiences with me to help me develop both athletically and academically. Also, my grandfather Colvin has been a big inspiration to me.
Q: What's your favorite TV show?
Q: What's the best thing about living in Pittsburgh?
A: Definitely not the weather this winter! But I do like that we get to experience four seasons of different weather.
Q: Do you eat a lot of fish sandwiches during Lent?
A: No. I can't stand fish.
Q: What type of music do you listen to?
A: I like John Mayer's music.
Q: Who's your favorite athlete?
A: Tim Tebow. I like that he's not afraid to stand up for what he believes in.
Q: What are your hobbies?
A: Aside from lacrosse and field hockey, I like to travel.
Q: What is your favorite animal at the zoo?
A: The elephants.
Q: Do you get into the reality shows on TV?
A: My mom and I like to watch “The Bachelor” and “The Bachelorette.”
Q: What's your favorite vacation destination?
A: Boca Grande, Fla. My grandparents live there.
Q: Who would be your dream date?
A: Justin Timberlake.
Q: Who makes the best pizza in Pittsburgh?
A: My neighbor, Lori Hardiman, makes a great pizza.
Q: What public figure would you like to see disappear from public view?
A: Justin Bieber. I used to like him but he turned into a bad role model.
Q: What movie could you watch over and over?
A: “The Notebook.”
Q: If you weren't playing lacrosse, what sport would you like to be playing?
A: I used to play basketball, so it would be basketball.
Q: What's your favorite class at school?
A: English and history are my favorites.
Q: What would make up your favorite all-time meal?
A: Chocolate chip pancakes. I love them.
Q: Is there a food you refuse to eat?
Q: Is there a song that always makes you want to dance or sing along?
A: “Pumping Blood” by Nonono.
Q: People would be surprised to know that I ...
A: ... Have visited a lot of different countries. I've been to Scotland, England, Jamaica, Mexico, the Dominican Republic and Canada.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. Reach him at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL notebook: Bills reportedly reach deal to trade for former Pitt star McCoy
- La Roche, St. Vincent get one more shot in D-III tournaments
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- District college notebook: W&J wrestler Carr advances to D-III championships
- Safety Vinopal, other former Panthers perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Deal ‘paves Iran’s path’ to nukes, Netanyahu says
- Trafford native writes the book on early rock concerts
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Democrats scramble to defend Hillary Clinton over email flap