Alle-Kiski roundup: Percic leads Apollo-Ridge over Burrell
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Mike Percic made sure the Apollo-Ridge baseball team's runs-allowed average fell further toward zero Monday.
The Vikings, who allowed 20 runs in their first three games, kept Burrell off the basepaths during a 4-1 win in Section 3-AA. Percic, who pitched 6 1⁄3 innings, held Burrell (3-5, 0-4) to two hits and finished with five strikeout and four walks. Austin Laird stepped in to earn the save for Apollo-Ridge (2-3, 2-1).
Brandon Neal went 3 for 3 with an RBI and a run for the Vikings, and Loren Wingard doubled and drove in two runs.
Jason David doubled for the Bucs, who trailed 4-0 after three innings and scored their only run in the fifth.
Apollo-Ridge has held its last two opponents to one run.
North Catholic 6, St. Joseph 2 — Nick Tunstall went 4 for 4 with a double and two RBIs to lead North Catholic (3-5, 3-0), which scored five runs in the first two innings of the Section 4-A game. Peter Sturtevant doubled, drove in a run and scored for St. Joseph (2-2, 0-2).
Riverview 18, St. Joseph 2 (3 inn.) — Nikki Anderson blasted a two-run homer and finished the Section 3-A game 3 for 4 with three RBIs and two runs scored to pace Riverview (4-3, 3-2). Rachel Condron went 4 for 4 with three RBIs and four runs scored, and Hannah Larkin was 3 for 3 with four RBIs. Nikki Mielecki tripled and finished 2 for 2 for St. Joseph (0-5, 0-3).
Highlands 15, Indiana 3 (5 inn.) — Cassidy Runyan tripled, and Katelyn Kuniak and Melissa Gusteaffon doubled for Highlands (4-1, 4-1) in the Section 5-AAA win over Indiana (1-5, 0-5). Winning pitcher Katie Grosholz struck out six.
Plum 10, Franklin Regional 3 — Jordan Seneca went 4 for 4 with a home run, double and two RBIs to pace the Mustangs (8-0, 6-0) in a Section 2-AAAA victory over Franklin Regional (0-8, 0-6). Melissa LeClair doubled and drove in two runs, and Michaela Palmieri had a double among her two hits.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Wash High star McKenzie charged by police, suspended by Virginia Tech
- Steeler lineman Adams sues men he claims attacked, stabbed him
- Homewood shooting victim identified
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Court rules Steelers must pay Okobi workers comp
- Elizabeth Township, McKeesport impacted by ice jam on Youghiogheny River
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- House resolution urges Wolf to reverse death penalty moratorium