West Allegheny routs Kiski Valley to reach rugby state finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Valley finished one win short of the state championship match, falling 33-5 against West Allegheny in the Division 2 Club rugby semifinal Saturday at Cumberland Valley.
Kiski Valley (8-3) could not overcome an early deficit, getting just one try across, by T.J. Travaglia. The Titans also fell to West Allegheny, 31-22, during the regular season for their only divisional loss.
West Allegheny is a first-year program, while Kiski Valley completed its second season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- State police say escaped Armstrong County inmate has been captured
- Man attempts to take firearm onto plane in Pittsburgh; tenth attempt this year
- Penn Hills grandmother to stand trial for fatally stabbing man with kitchen knife
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- SWAT standoff on Pittsburgh’s North Side ends peacefully
- McKeesport tattoo artist will stand trial for allegedly beating man to death
- ATI to benefit from WTO ruling against China in steel case
- Judge rules McCullough guilty of taking money from elderly woman’s estate
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries