West Allegheny routs Kiski Valley to reach rugby state finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Valley finished one win short of the state championship match, falling 33-5 against West Allegheny in the Division 2 Club rugby semifinal Saturday at Cumberland Valley.
Kiski Valley (8-3) could not overcome an early deficit, getting just one try across, by T.J. Travaglia. The Titans also fell to West Allegheny, 31-22, during the regular season for their only divisional loss.
West Allegheny is a first-year program, while Kiski Valley completed its second season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers notebook: Thomas, Moats only starting defensive players to see action vs. Panthers
- Experts warn Kane’s Haiti trip might jeopardize any case from 2014 wiretap
- NFL notebook: Pierre-Paul reportedly set to return to Giants next week
- Spreading the wealth: Gardeners share the excitement of saving, sharing seeds
- Five taken to hospitals after school bus-SUV crash in Washington Township
- House Hunting: Highland Park home gets high-end treatment
- McKeesport teen killed by school bus on Eden Park Boulevard
- Stocks end roller-coaster day higher
- Federal tax-fraud investigation appears to be closing in on North Hills businessman
- News Alert
- Brady free to play after judge rules against NFL in ‘Deflategate’