West Allegheny routs Kiski Valley to reach rugby state finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Valley finished one win short of the state championship match, falling 33-5 against West Allegheny in the Division 2 Club rugby semifinal Saturday at Cumberland Valley.
Kiski Valley (8-3) could not overcome an early deficit, getting just one try across, by T.J. Travaglia. The Titans also fell to West Allegheny, 31-22, during the regular season for their only divisional loss.
West Allegheny is a first-year program, while Kiski Valley completed its second season.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers to bring LB Harrison out of retirement
- Steelers defense must replace 3 injured starters after victory
- Liriano, McCutchen help Pirates to 1-0 win over Braves
- Pirates notebook: Volquez open to re-signing with team
- Steelers film session: Old-fashioned power football produces victory
- Taxes at forefront of 1st Pa. governor debate between Corbett, Wolf
- Red Wings beat Penguins, 2-1, in preseason opener
- Identities oftheft suspects sought by Penn Township and state police
- Pitt’s potent rushing attack could slow down the passing game
- Penguins boast several good blueliners with point-producing skills
- West Mifflin mall’s Sears to close in December