West Allegheny routs Kiski Valley to reach rugby state finals
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Kiski Valley finished one win short of the state championship match, falling 33-5 against West Allegheny in the Division 2 Club rugby semifinal Saturday at Cumberland Valley.
Kiski Valley (8-3) could not overcome an early deficit, getting just one try across, by T.J. Travaglia. The Titans also fell to West Allegheny, 31-22, during the regular season for their only divisional loss.
West Allegheny is a first-year program, while Kiski Valley completed its second season.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Steelers’ Beachum, Williams hurting but could play vs. Bengals
- Economy police release sketch of woman whose embalmed head was found in wooded area
- Pirates win bidding for Korean infielder
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Gasoline prices keep falling in Western Pa.
- Marcellus driller Vantage Energy to pay nearly $1M for Greene County well problems
- WPIAL players named to Class AAA, A all-state teams
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight
- North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win