Plum senior athletes ready to take next step in journey
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Plum High School Class of 2014 accepted their diplomas last week at Plum High School, and the ceremony capped an important chapter in their lives.
A number of students from that group of more than 300 will be starting a new chapter soon with athletic and academic pursuits at institutions of higher learning in Pennsylvania and in other parts the country. These Plum graduates will take part in sports ranging from hockey, baseball and basketball to wrestling, cross country and cheerleading.
Those graduated student-athletes are Austin Baer, soccer, Penn State-New Kensington; Chelsea Bassett, cheering, Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Eric Bellisario, baseball, Penn-State Behrend; Maria Campbell, tennis, Seton Hill; Jessica Caruso, cheering, St. Francis (Pa.); Austin Dedert, basketball, St. Vincent; Hunter Fenk, wrestling, Shippensburg; Katie Gore, swimming, Clarion University; Eric Green, wrestling, Wheeling Jesuit; and Lindsay Herd, basketball, Penn State-Behrend.
Also taking part in collegiate sports activities are Brandon Hoener, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Will Kirkpatrick, baseball, Penn State-Behrend; Zach Kuhn, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Ali Lucas, track and field, college undecided; Mike Maleski, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Aaliyah Odom, soccer, Clarion; Dante Palmieri, baseball, John Carroll; Taylor Pierce, cheering, Pitt-Johnstown; and Krista Pietropola, basketball, Youngstown State.
Pursuing athletics in college are Stella Pratt, softball, Allegheny; Joe Randazzo, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Zach Sansonetti, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Jordan Seneca, softball, St. Francis (Pa.); Nick Stotler, baseball, Coker College; Nicole Thompson, swimming, Westminster; Stephen Turchick, wrestling, University of Pittsburgh; and Alan Yocca, cross country, Penn State-Behrend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- More employers adopt generous leave policies
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Pa. spends millions on death penalty cases that rarely end in execution
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Starting 9: How can the Pirates catch the Cardinals in the future?
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- Steelers notebook: Safety Mitchell shrugs off Ravens WR’s comments
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Steelers film study: Team finds success blitzing members of secondary