Plum senior athletes ready to take next step in journey
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Plum High School Class of 2014 accepted their diplomas last week at Plum High School, and the ceremony capped an important chapter in their lives.
A number of students from that group of more than 300 will be starting a new chapter soon with athletic and academic pursuits at institutions of higher learning in Pennsylvania and in other parts the country. These Plum graduates will take part in sports ranging from hockey, baseball and basketball to wrestling, cross country and cheerleading.
Those graduated student-athletes are Austin Baer, soccer, Penn State-New Kensington; Chelsea Bassett, cheering, Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Eric Bellisario, baseball, Penn-State Behrend; Maria Campbell, tennis, Seton Hill; Jessica Caruso, cheering, St. Francis (Pa.); Austin Dedert, basketball, St. Vincent; Hunter Fenk, wrestling, Shippensburg; Katie Gore, swimming, Clarion University; Eric Green, wrestling, Wheeling Jesuit; and Lindsay Herd, basketball, Penn State-Behrend.
Also taking part in collegiate sports activities are Brandon Hoener, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Will Kirkpatrick, baseball, Penn State-Behrend; Zach Kuhn, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Ali Lucas, track and field, college undecided; Mike Maleski, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Aaliyah Odom, soccer, Clarion; Dante Palmieri, baseball, John Carroll; Taylor Pierce, cheering, Pitt-Johnstown; and Krista Pietropola, basketball, Youngstown State.
Pursuing athletics in college are Stella Pratt, softball, Allegheny; Joe Randazzo, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Zach Sansonetti, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Jordan Seneca, softball, St. Francis (Pa.); Nick Stotler, baseball, Coker College; Nicole Thompson, swimming, Westminster; Stephen Turchick, wrestling, University of Pittsburgh; and Alan Yocca, cross country, Penn State-Behrend.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825, at email@example.com or via Twitter @Mlove_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Boston College football coach Addazio can’t get enough of the game
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Moon girls team is savoring a return to big-school soccer
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- HS highlight reel: Red, White & Blue Invite set for Saturday
- TED Talks event to appeal to Pittsburgh millenials
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade