Plum senior athletes ready to take next step in journey
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Plum High School Class of 2014 accepted their diplomas last week at Plum High School, and the ceremony capped an important chapter in their lives.
A number of students from that group of more than 300 will be starting a new chapter soon with athletic and academic pursuits at institutions of higher learning in Pennsylvania and in other parts the country. These Plum graduates will take part in sports ranging from hockey, baseball and basketball to wrestling, cross country and cheerleading.
Those graduated student-athletes are Austin Baer, soccer, Penn State-New Kensington; Chelsea Bassett, cheering, Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Eric Bellisario, baseball, Penn-State Behrend; Maria Campbell, tennis, Seton Hill; Jessica Caruso, cheering, St. Francis (Pa.); Austin Dedert, basketball, St. Vincent; Hunter Fenk, wrestling, Shippensburg; Katie Gore, swimming, Clarion University; Eric Green, wrestling, Wheeling Jesuit; and Lindsay Herd, basketball, Penn State-Behrend.
Also taking part in collegiate sports activities are Brandon Hoener, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Will Kirkpatrick, baseball, Penn State-Behrend; Zach Kuhn, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Ali Lucas, track and field, college undecided; Mike Maleski, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Aaliyah Odom, soccer, Clarion; Dante Palmieri, baseball, John Carroll; Taylor Pierce, cheering, Pitt-Johnstown; and Krista Pietropola, basketball, Youngstown State.
Pursuing athletics in college are Stella Pratt, softball, Allegheny; Joe Randazzo, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Zach Sansonetti, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Jordan Seneca, softball, St. Francis (Pa.); Nick Stotler, baseball, Coker College; Nicole Thompson, swimming, Westminster; Stephen Turchick, wrestling, University of Pittsburgh; and Alan Yocca, cross country, Penn State-Behrend.
Michael Love is a staff writer with Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5825, at email@example.com or via Twitter @Mlove_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport fatal shooting under investigation
- Treasury’s clampdown on tax inversions takes bite out of share prices
- Rossi: Harrison can lead by talking about past
- Pirates defeat Braves to clinch NL playoff spot for 2nd consecutive season
- Wings coach Babcock does not hide affection for Penguins’ Crosby
- Aging natural gaslines pose hidden threat across U.S.
- Michael Baker CEO Bergman outlines changes in Pittsburgh-based engineering company
- CMU researchers track devices that keep healthy lifestyles in reach
- Fox Chapel wins thriller
- Penguins blanked at Columbus, 2-0
- Steelers’ Taylor recovering from forearm surgery