Plum senior athletes ready to take next step in journey
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Members of the Plum High School Class of 2014 accepted their diplomas last week at Plum High School, and the ceremony capped an important chapter in their lives.
A number of students from that group of more than 300 will be starting a new chapter soon with athletic and academic pursuits at institutions of higher learning in Pennsylvania and in other parts the country. These Plum graduates will take part in sports ranging from hockey, baseball and basketball to wrestling, cross country and cheerleading.
Those graduated student-athletes are Austin Baer, soccer, Penn State-New Kensington; Chelsea Bassett, cheering, Indiana University of Pennsylvania; Eric Bellisario, baseball, Penn-State Behrend; Maria Campbell, tennis, Seton Hill; Jessica Caruso, cheering, St. Francis (Pa.); Austin Dedert, basketball, St. Vincent; Hunter Fenk, wrestling, Shippensburg; Katie Gore, swimming, Clarion University; Eric Green, wrestling, Wheeling Jesuit; and Lindsay Herd, basketball, Penn State-Behrend.
Also taking part in collegiate sports activities are Brandon Hoener, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Will Kirkpatrick, baseball, Penn State-Behrend; Zach Kuhn, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Ali Lucas, track and field, college undecided; Mike Maleski, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Aaliyah Odom, soccer, Clarion; Dante Palmieri, baseball, John Carroll; Taylor Pierce, cheering, Pitt-Johnstown; and Krista Pietropola, basketball, Youngstown State.
Pursuing athletics in college are Stella Pratt, softball, Allegheny; Joe Randazzo, ice hockey, University of Pittsburgh; Zach Sansonetti, baseball, Pitt-Greensburg; Jordan Seneca, softball, St. Francis (Pa.); Nick Stotler, baseball, Coker College; Nicole Thompson, swimming, Westminster; Stephen Turchick, wrestling, University of Pittsburgh; and Alan Yocca, cross country, Penn State-Behrend.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Rutherford falling apart, too
- Woman struck by foul ball in ‘horrid’ scene at Pirates game
- Steelers bring in 2 more cornerbacks for visits
- Authorities investigating 15-20 dogs found dead in Hopewell
- Brentwood Borough School Board approves major cutbacks
- Cirque du Soleil cancels recently announced Pittsburgh ‘Kooza’ shows
- Former Allegheny County chief Roddey expected to testify in McCullough trial
- Methane leaks reportedly decrease in Pennsylvania
- Planned Smallman Place condos in Strip District selling fast
- UPMC is the target of nihilistic envy
- Love of birds leads Fox Chapel teen to national honor