Shady Side Academy's Jaffe a lacrosse All-American
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Max Jaffe, a rising junior at Shady Side Academy, has been named a 2014 Brine National High School All-American and has been selected to represent Pennsylvania at the Brine National Lacrosse Classic this week in Boyds, Md.
The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top-ranked high school lacrosse players in the country to one venue, where regional teams compete to become the national champion in a showcase format for NCAA lacrosse coaches. The players earned their positions on the national roster by attending regional tryouts throughout the country. Highly regarded lacrosse coaches tested the players' skills and selected the top-ranked players to participate in the national event.
Max is the son of Dr. Thomas Jaffe and Melinda Vargas-Jaffe of Point Breeze.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Charity helps dozens of McKeesport area children in need get new shoes
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Old-school booksellers learn to survive, thrive in digital age