Shady Side Academy's Jaffe a lacrosse All-American
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Max Jaffe, a rising junior at Shady Side Academy, has been named a 2014 Brine National High School All-American and has been selected to represent Pennsylvania at the Brine National Lacrosse Classic this week in Boyds, Md.
The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top-ranked high school lacrosse players in the country to one venue, where regional teams compete to become the national champion in a showcase format for NCAA lacrosse coaches. The players earned their positions on the national roster by attending regional tryouts throughout the country. Highly regarded lacrosse coaches tested the players' skills and selected the top-ranked players to participate in the national event.
Max is the son of Dr. Thomas Jaffe and Melinda Vargas-Jaffe of Point Breeze.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Zoning update raises fears in Ligonier Township
- Frazer police receive state funding for more undercover patrols at Mills
- Kittanning Dance-a-Thon to help boy’s family
- Day of prayer at McKeesport church shines light on HIV, AIDS
- Updated Everson directory available at post office
- Tribune-Review poll: Cable news rises as network news falls
- Pirates notebook: Hart ‘down a few days’ after cutting foot
- DA’s office examining complaint history of Strip District club