Shady Side Academy's Jaffe a lacrosse All-American
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Max Jaffe, a rising junior at Shady Side Academy, has been named a 2014 Brine National High School All-American and has been selected to represent Pennsylvania at the Brine National Lacrosse Classic this week in Boyds, Md.
The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top-ranked high school lacrosse players in the country to one venue, where regional teams compete to become the national champion in a showcase format for NCAA lacrosse coaches. The players earned their positions on the national roster by attending regional tryouts throughout the country. Highly regarded lacrosse coaches tested the players' skills and selected the top-ranked players to participate in the national event.
Max is the son of Dr. Thomas Jaffe and Melinda Vargas-Jaffe of Point Breeze.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- West Virginia University warns students over riots
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Loophole rewards expelled Nazi suspects with Social Security benefits
- Freeport falls prey to Montour firepower
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract