Shady Side Academy's Jaffe a lacrosse All-American
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Max Jaffe, a rising junior at Shady Side Academy, has been named a 2014 Brine National High School All-American and has been selected to represent Pennsylvania at the Brine National Lacrosse Classic this week in Boyds, Md.
The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top-ranked high school lacrosse players in the country to one venue, where regional teams compete to become the national champion in a showcase format for NCAA lacrosse coaches. The players earned their positions on the national roster by attending regional tryouts throughout the country. Highly regarded lacrosse coaches tested the players' skills and selected the top-ranked players to participate in the national event.
Max is the son of Dr. Thomas Jaffe and Melinda Vargas-Jaffe of Point Breeze.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Martin calls crowd chant ‘petty special’
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- East Huntingdon man dies following police chase
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Google Chromebooks, apps transform instruction at Knoch High School
- Bumgarner quiets Blackout crowd with 4-hit shutout
- C&S Hardware, a Main Street fixture for 20 years, closes in Saxonburg
- Harrison man to stand trial, accused of raping 15-year-old girl
- Hearing set on dangerous intersection in Rostraver
- Homeless man held for robbing Rostraver stores
- Rental woes worry West Leechburg