Shady Side Academy's Jaffe a lacrosse All-American
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Max Jaffe, a rising junior at Shady Side Academy, has been named a 2014 Brine National High School All-American and has been selected to represent Pennsylvania at the Brine National Lacrosse Classic this week in Boyds, Md.
The Brine National Lacrosse Classic brings the top-ranked high school lacrosse players in the country to one venue, where regional teams compete to become the national champion in a showcase format for NCAA lacrosse coaches. The players earned their positions on the national roster by attending regional tryouts throughout the country. Highly regarded lacrosse coaches tested the players' skills and selected the top-ranked players to participate in the national event.
Max is the son of Dr. Thomas Jaffe and Melinda Vargas-Jaffe of Point Breeze.
— Staff report
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Amazon investors’ patience wears thin
- Zappala impersonation suspect arrested; stores offered reimbursement
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Motoring Q&A: ‘Check engine’ light doesn’t reset itself
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Fire at Dollar General in Rostraver under control, dispatchers say
- Toyota Yaris adds French flair for ’15
- New York, New Jersey order 21-day quarantine of all in contact with Ebola virus
- I-79 off-ramp in Cranberry to close Saturday night