Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect at-large
- At-home schooling on snow days far from reality
- Small Business Saturday a boon to Alle-Kiski Valley merchants
- New Christmas decorations make Leechburg shine a little brighter
- Volunteers get West Deer church’s train display back on track
- Saxonburg machine shop 3 generations strong
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- WPIAL Class AAA notes: Title games draw 16,500 to Heinz Field
- Police officer killed in Colorado Spring clinic rampage a co-pastor, figure skater
- Colorado clinic shooting suspect talked of baby parts, police say
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life