Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Plum High School teacher hires attorney who also represents Jerry Sandusky
- Photo gallery: Steelers 1st-round draft picks
- Shoplifting ring targeted Lowe’s stores in 5 Western Pa. counties
- U.S. Steel job cuts total 2,800, CEO says
- Former Franklin Park woman convicted of abusing adopted children to be freed from jail
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- National Guard called in to keep the peace in Baltimore
- Pro wrestling legend Verne Gagne dies at age 89
- Penguins’ Pouliot learns from rookie season
- Arnold, New Kensington drug busts net 2 arrests, heroin, cocaine, cash