Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- After another slow start, Greensburg Central Catholic defeats Leechburg
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause