Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett to miss about 2 weeks
- Pittsburgh ends ‘Operation Over Watch’ for police officers
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Soldier from Pottstown died Sunday in fiery crash near Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Reading Harry Potter provides clues to brain activity, CMU researchers say
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- Bars bulge at the seams night before Thanksgiving
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon