Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Device at Carnegie Mellon could aid walking
- Freeport wins innings, game against Kittanning, 7-3
- Canceled games haven’t thrown off Quaker Valley baseball team’s development
- Daily News roundup: Mt. Pleasant baseball gets 1st win
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Fire marshal probes cause of blaze that destroyed vacant Derry Township house
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- ‘Southmoreland Superheroes’ to walk for autism
- New coach looking to continue to grow Norwin girls lacrosse