Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Kevin Gorman is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @KGorman_Trib.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- More companies embrace exchanges to curb health care costs
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- Steelers notebook: Panthers LB Kuechly making an impression
- The Penn State ‘conspiracy’
- Penguins’ Rutherford hopes to raise Cup again
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- Pirates find a bridge at end of baseball world
- Starkey: Can Steelers’ Mitchell find Carolina cure?