Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- Police identify Harmar man as victim in Washington Township crash
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- 1 killed, several hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pittsburgh police solve fewer homicides
- Pennsylvania Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Gov. Wolf veto likely
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- Source: Fire at black church in South Carolina wasn’t arson
- 10 escape Greensburg house fire