Montour suspends athletic director, equipment manager
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Montour School District has placed athletic director Lou Cerro and equipment manager Tony Rippole on administrative leave, superintendent Donald Boyer confirmed Monday.
Cerro, however, is allowed to coach Montour's football team.
“Mr. Cerro is still the football coach,” Boyer said, adding that both Cerro and Rippole will receive pay and benefits amid the suspension.
Next Monday is the first official day of practice. Cerro led the Spartans to the WPIAL Class AAA championship in 2012 and a runner-up finish in '07. He also won two WPIAL Class AA titles at Seton-La Salle.
“I'm looking forward to the season and coaching football,” said Cerro, who declined further comment.
Boyer would not specify why Cerro and Rippole have been suspended indefinitely, but said they are the only two district employees involved.
“This is a matter of personnel and it's not yet completed, so I can't really make a statement about that,” Boyer said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Federal court ruling could have impact on New Kensington-Arnold school monument
- Crash-prevention technology changes face of auto industry
- Daily Courier columnist knew, loved Connellsville community
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Earlier start, free meals among changes as Connellsville Area schools start Monday
- Federal Reserve Vice Chairman Fischer in spotlight as meeting nears
- Lineman Groh back from injury, ready to help Mustangs
- Cops nab 4 in Monessen drug hangout