Belle Vernon golfer Lubriani wins Fayette County tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Many area golf teams officially started the 2014 season by participating in the annual Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Uniontown's Duck Hollow Golf Club.
The top 10 finishers earned all-county honors for the 18-hole event.
Leading the field was Belle Vernon's Mike Lubriani, who finished with a 1-over-par 73. Laurel Highlands' Harrison Laskey took second with a 76, followed by Uniontown's Callahan Abel with a 78.
The Mustangs' Jerrod Sutton and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek finished tied for fourth at 82, and Frazier's Gregg Masneri checked in sixth overall with an 84. Belle Vernon's Greg Fedor and Frazier's Josh Miller each carded an 85 to tie for seventh. Uniontown's Tyler Frazee tallied an 86, and Frazier's Annika Erdely notched an 87 to round out the top 10.
Gavin Swink was the top finisher for Connellsville, posting a 93. Josh Redding and Corey Schafer were Southmoreland's low scorers, each tallying a 94. Belle Vernon won the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament with a team score of 430.
The Leopards were followed by Uniontown (434), Laurel Highlands (436), Frazier (440), Southmoreland (480), Connellsville (504), Albert Gallatin (523) and Geibel (542).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Comets hold life building blocks
- Small business hangs on fate of Export-Import Bank
- Homestead Cemetery board files for bankruptcy
- Marte’s 2 fine defensive plays rescue Pirates in victory over Reds
- Mon Yough school districts, nonprofits getting by for now with no state budget
- Local reminisce about Glassport pool
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Mifflin Road project is on schedule, within budget
- Rossi: Nothing huge, but Huntington helped Bucs
- New Kensington-Arnold committee discusses ways to combat bullying
- Steelers OLB coach Porter teaches as passionately as he played