Belle Vernon golfer Lubriani wins Fayette County tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Many area golf teams officially started the 2014 season by participating in the annual Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Uniontown's Duck Hollow Golf Club.
The top 10 finishers earned all-county honors for the 18-hole event.
Leading the field was Belle Vernon's Mike Lubriani, who finished with a 1-over-par 73. Laurel Highlands' Harrison Laskey took second with a 76, followed by Uniontown's Callahan Abel with a 78.
The Mustangs' Jerrod Sutton and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek finished tied for fourth at 82, and Frazier's Gregg Masneri checked in sixth overall with an 84. Belle Vernon's Greg Fedor and Frazier's Josh Miller each carded an 85 to tie for seventh. Uniontown's Tyler Frazee tallied an 86, and Frazier's Annika Erdely notched an 87 to round out the top 10.
Gavin Swink was the top finisher for Connellsville, posting a 93. Josh Redding and Corey Schafer were Southmoreland's low scorers, each tallying a 94. Belle Vernon won the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament with a team score of 430.
The Leopards were followed by Uniontown (434), Laurel Highlands (436), Frazier (440), Southmoreland (480), Connellsville (504), Albert Gallatin (523) and Geibel (542).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Infield prospect Hanson used to playing elders
- RMU men win, clinch 2nd seed in NEC Tournament
- Penguins notebook: Shootouts becoming a concern
- Baylor downs West Virginia, sweeps season series
- Western Pa. nonprofits roll dice on casino company grants
- Finding perfect pairing for Ehrhoff key for Penguins
- Protesters demonstrate against Mt. Lebanon deer culling program
- Greensburg pair jailed in convenience store robbery
- ‘Phantom’ breezes into Laurel Highlands High School
- Undefeated Aliquippa downs Seton-La Salle for WPIAL Class AA title
- St. Bonaventure cruises past Duquesne