Belle Vernon golfer Lubriani wins Fayette County tournament
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Many area golf teams officially started the 2014 season by participating in the annual Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament on Friday at Uniontown's Duck Hollow Golf Club.
The top 10 finishers earned all-county honors for the 18-hole event.
Leading the field was Belle Vernon's Mike Lubriani, who finished with a 1-over-par 73. Laurel Highlands' Harrison Laskey took second with a 76, followed by Uniontown's Callahan Abel with a 78.
The Mustangs' Jerrod Sutton and Albert Gallatin's Tanner Kutek finished tied for fourth at 82, and Frazier's Gregg Masneri checked in sixth overall with an 84. Belle Vernon's Greg Fedor and Frazier's Josh Miller each carded an 85 to tie for seventh. Uniontown's Tyler Frazee tallied an 86, and Frazier's Annika Erdely notched an 87 to round out the top 10.
Gavin Swink was the top finisher for Connellsville, posting a 93. Josh Redding and Corey Schafer were Southmoreland's low scorers, each tallying a 94. Belle Vernon won the Fayette County Coaches Association Tournament with a team score of 430.
The Leopards were followed by Uniontown (434), Laurel Highlands (436), Frazier (440), Southmoreland (480), Connellsville (504), Albert Gallatin (523) and Geibel (542).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rooney says Pittsburgh is ‘good place’ for next northern Super Bowl
- Dungy, Greene represent more Steelers ties in hall of fame voting
- UPMC researcher who died of cyanide poisoning committed suicide
- HOF finalist Bettis ‘behind everything’ in 2005 Super Bowl run
- Penguins finally break through, defeat Devils at Prudential Center
- High school roundup: WPIAL coaches reach milestone victories
- Manson brings “The Hell Not Hallelujah Tour” to AE
- Nation sick of Obama blunders, Perry tells state Republicans
- Jayhawks cruise past Saints on senior night
- Wilkinsburg auto dealer scammed at least 30 people, police say
- Natural gas industry buys share of Super Bowl spotlight