Bishop Canevin basketball star Waskowiak commits to Duquesne
By Jerry DiPaola
Published: Tuesday, July 17, 2012, 6:28 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Bishop Canevin point guard Erin Waskowiak, a rising senior, said Tuesday that she has verbally committed to play basketball at Duquesne.
The 5-foot-10 Waskowiak, who will be a four-year starter next season, averaged 20.4 points and helped the Crusaders to a WPIAL Class AA championship appearance last season.
She was named to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review Terrific 10 in April.
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Judge deals setback to Steelers’ quest to expand Heinz Field
- Contractor charged with failing to use grant for Jeannette building
- Bethel Park offensive lineman picks Pitt
- Girl injured in ATV accident in Butler County
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- City police investigating whether officer who gave ride to mayor’s ex-bodyguard broke any department regulations
- Army National Guardsman sues Target, claims he was fired while preparing for deployment
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.