High school prospect watch: Elijah Zeise
TribLIVE Sports Videos
6-foot-2, 195 pounds, WR-CB, North Allegheny
How good of a prospect is Elijah Zeise?
He was the only sophomore to start on North Allegheny's WPIAL Class AAAA championship team last fall. And while he's likely to outgrow the cornerback position, he projects as a safety or linebacker.
Zeise opened eyes at prospect camps at Kent State, Maryland, Pitt and West Virginia this summer, showing his ability to be a shutdown defender in coverage. He's hearing from those schools, plus Michigan, but Pitt was the first to offer a scholarship, doing so Tuesday.
“I was a little shocked,” said Elijah, who has a 3.7 grade-point average. “It was kind of unexpected to happen as early as it did.”
Zeise also shines in basketball, where the swingman was named MVP of the Wheeling (W.Va.) Shootout, and his athleticism could help on offense at receiver for North Allegheny this season.
“Football is still relatively new to me,” Elijah said, “but I feel like I'm athletic enough and hard-working enough that wherever they put me I'll be able to adapt to it.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- Icy roads, bridges trigger minor accidents in Western Pennsylvania
- Pryor’s 22 points lead Robert Morris past Louisiana-Monroe
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Heart stent implanted, U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg goes home
- Phipps holiday show is flowery winter wonderland
- 3 sets of siblings help Greensburg Central Catholic volleyball achieve championship success
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Aerobics center offers services to Greensburg VFD
- ‘Scorpion’ stars marvel at what’s possible
- Historic Greensburg Art Center joins Cat’s Meow collection