Clairton Watch: Bears set to open season at Char-Houston
TribLIVE Sports Videos
After breaking Braddock's 51-year-old WPIAL record for consecutive victories last December, Clairton has set its sights on the state mark.
The Bears own a nation's-best 47-game winning streak, and are aware that they can eclipse Central Bucks West's 59-game win streak from 1997-2000 by going undefeated and winning a fifth consecutive WPIAL title.
“They are aware of it because we say things about it all the time,” Clairton coach Tom Nola said.
“We've got to find something every year. Three years ago, we were 15-1, so the next motivating force was to go 16-0. Two years ago, it was to repeat. Last year, the motivating force was to get to 47. This year, it's to get to 60.”
— Compiled by Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?
- 2014 has been among deadliest for world’s airline industry
- Statistically speaking: Rockies’ bullpen suffering meltdowns
- Smartphone coupons just one way stores aim to increase spontaneous buys
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Amazon.com distribution center planned for Pittsburgh’s West End
- Greensburg man held for trial in hospital assault
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Latrobe couple who locked son in car trunk avoids jail