High School Insider Q&A: Connellsville's Jimmy DeMarco
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jimmy DeMarco is a junior fullback and linebacker for the Connellsville Falcons. As a sophomore, DeMarco was a contributor to Connellsville's run to the 2011 playoffs.
He caught three passes, including a touchdown reception, in Connellsville's final win of the season, a 49-18 victory over Valley in the regular-season finale. DeMarco also made an impact on special teams when he scored on a recovered fumble on a kickoff in a 40-7 season-opening victory over Uniontown. DeMarco was also a strong player from his outside linebacker position.
Q: What excites you the most about the season opener?
A: Just getting off to a fast start.
Q: What is the best advice you have received?
A: My dad tells me to keep my head up and stay low. He tells me that before every game.
Q: What are your goals for the season?
A: To make the playoffs, of course, and to have a better record than last year.
Q: What are some of your favorite non-football activities?
A: Hunting, working out and hanging out with friends.
Q: Where did you go on vacation this summer?
A: Myrtle Beach.
Q: Who is your favorite athlete?
A: LaMarr Woodley.
Q: What is your favorite food?
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: “The Batman Trilogy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Distracted Steelers show nothing in loss to Eagles
- Records: Steelers RB Bell admitted smoking pot before traffic stop but denied being high
- Indiana Township police on lookout for loose alligator
- Utility regulator seeks $639,000 in penalties from electric supplier
- Rossi: Time with Penguins taught Bylsma importance of stability
- NFL could delay punishment
- Drills put police, teachers in danger zone
- Pitcairn police department to carry Narcan for heroin overdoses
- Youngwood shelter removes 44 dogs, 9 cats from shuttered Fayette SPCA
- Beth-Center wants to get ‘monkey of its back’
- Man, woman sought in PNC robbery in Uniontown