High School Insider Q&A: Connellsville's Jimmy DeMarco
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jimmy DeMarco is a junior fullback and linebacker for the Connellsville Falcons. As a sophomore, DeMarco was a contributor to Connellsville's run to the 2011 playoffs.
He caught three passes, including a touchdown reception, in Connellsville's final win of the season, a 49-18 victory over Valley in the regular-season finale. DeMarco also made an impact on special teams when he scored on a recovered fumble on a kickoff in a 40-7 season-opening victory over Uniontown. DeMarco was also a strong player from his outside linebacker position.
Q: What excites you the most about the season opener?
A: Just getting off to a fast start.
Q: What is the best advice you have received?
A: My dad tells me to keep my head up and stay low. He tells me that before every game.
Q: What are your goals for the season?
A: To make the playoffs, of course, and to have a better record than last year.
Q: What are some of your favorite non-football activities?
A: Hunting, working out and hanging out with friends.
Q: Where did you go on vacation this summer?
A: Myrtle Beach.
Q: Who is your favorite athlete?
A: LaMarr Woodley.
Q: What is your favorite food?
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: “The Batman Trilogy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Nor’easter causing flight delays at Pittsburgh International
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Lawyers agree to dismiss Penn Hills High School student lawsuit
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Review: ‘Newsies’ a great addition to musical standards