High School Insider Q&A: Connellsville's Jimmy DeMarco
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Jimmy DeMarco is a junior fullback and linebacker for the Connellsville Falcons. As a sophomore, DeMarco was a contributor to Connellsville's run to the 2011 playoffs.
He caught three passes, including a touchdown reception, in Connellsville's final win of the season, a 49-18 victory over Valley in the regular-season finale. DeMarco also made an impact on special teams when he scored on a recovered fumble on a kickoff in a 40-7 season-opening victory over Uniontown. DeMarco was also a strong player from his outside linebacker position.
Q: What excites you the most about the season opener?
A: Just getting off to a fast start.
Q: What is the best advice you have received?
A: My dad tells me to keep my head up and stay low. He tells me that before every game.
Q: What are your goals for the season?
A: To make the playoffs, of course, and to have a better record than last year.
Q: What are some of your favorite non-football activities?
A: Hunting, working out and hanging out with friends.
Q: Where did you go on vacation this summer?
A: Myrtle Beach.
Q: Who is your favorite athlete?
A: LaMarr Woodley.
Q: What is your favorite food?
Q: What is your favorite movie?
A: “The Batman Trilogy.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- With Malkin out, Penguins fall to Flyers, 4-1
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Former Plum teacher says he warned district about possible inappropriate conduct
- Pirates notebook: Richard doesn’t exercise opt-out clause in contract
- Pirates’ McCutchen leaves game early, says he is not hurt
- Steelers re-sign DE Geathers
- Pirates planning on maximizing the versatility of Rodriguez
- A mayor and his dog: Peduto adopts from Western Pennsylvania Humane Society
- Jeannette teen ordered to stand trial in classmate’s slaying
- Time catches up with longstanding Port Vue group
- Wines claimed to be toxic with arsenic won’t be pulled by state Liquor Control Board