Local roundup: Riverview falls in Eastern opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cody Walter returned a punt 75 yards for a score in the second quarter and added a 39-yard punt return in the third quarter, and Northgate (1-0, 0-1) cruised to a Class A Eastern Conference victory Friday over Riverview, 25-0. Walter added 35-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter to seal the win.
Pine-Richland 28, Fox Chapel 5 — Connor Slomka had 114 yards and two touchdowns, and Ben DiNucci threw for 115 yards and two scores to lead No. 8 Pine-Richland (1-0, 1-0) to a Quad North victory. Ben Mroz kicked a 42-yard field goal for Fox Chapel (0-1, 0-1), which added a safety in the fourth quarter.
Valley's Bill Clark shot a 5-over-par 77 to finish tied for first Friday at the Westmoreland County Coaches Association boys golf tournament at Latrobe Elks. The individual title, however, went to Latrobe's Will Wears, who also shot 77 but won after scoring a birdie on the fourth tiebreak hole.
Kiski Area's Tyler Paunovich shot an 82 to finish tied for 10th. Burrell was led by Zack Abel, who shot 84.
In the team standings, Kiski Area was seventh, Burrell ninth and Valley 13th. Latrobe won the team title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in 43-19 preseason loss at Bills
- Al-Jazeera English journalists head to prison in Egypt
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Rockies, Aug. 30, 2015
- Pa. Game Commission wants fee hikes, must convince sportsmen to buy in
- Indians, Asians lead Mexicans among immigrants in U.S.
- Long Island college student arrested for trying to record police, civil liberties experts say
- Man arrested in deputy’s ambush
- Solarize Allegheny powers up with communities
- Frick director works to make museum more ‘open’
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Architecture: Pittsburgh history in 10 houses