Local roundup: Riverview falls in Eastern opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cody Walter returned a punt 75 yards for a score in the second quarter and added a 39-yard punt return in the third quarter, and Northgate (1-0, 0-1) cruised to a Class A Eastern Conference victory Friday over Riverview, 25-0. Walter added 35-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter to seal the win.
Pine-Richland 28, Fox Chapel 5 — Connor Slomka had 114 yards and two touchdowns, and Ben DiNucci threw for 115 yards and two scores to lead No. 8 Pine-Richland (1-0, 1-0) to a Quad North victory. Ben Mroz kicked a 42-yard field goal for Fox Chapel (0-1, 0-1), which added a safety in the fourth quarter.
Valley's Bill Clark shot a 5-over-par 77 to finish tied for first Friday at the Westmoreland County Coaches Association boys golf tournament at Latrobe Elks. The individual title, however, went to Latrobe's Will Wears, who also shot 77 but won after scoring a birdie on the fourth tiebreak hole.
Kiski Area's Tyler Paunovich shot an 82 to finish tied for 10th. Burrell was led by Zack Abel, who shot 84.
In the team standings, Kiski Area was seventh, Burrell ninth and Valley 13th. Latrobe won the team title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Armstrong contributes to project to replace Kittanning retaining wall
- Steelers clinch trip to postseason with big victory over Chiefs
- Pittsburgh police doubling up on duty after potential threats
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Steelers-Bengals game to start at 8:30 p.m.
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Allegheny County district attorney prosecutors move on to state office
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins