Local roundup: Riverview falls in Eastern opener
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Cody Walter returned a punt 75 yards for a score in the second quarter and added a 39-yard punt return in the third quarter, and Northgate (1-0, 0-1) cruised to a Class A Eastern Conference victory Friday over Riverview, 25-0. Walter added 35-yard touchdown reception in the fourth quarter to seal the win.
Pine-Richland 28, Fox Chapel 5 — Connor Slomka had 114 yards and two touchdowns, and Ben DiNucci threw for 115 yards and two scores to lead No. 8 Pine-Richland (1-0, 1-0) to a Quad North victory. Ben Mroz kicked a 42-yard field goal for Fox Chapel (0-1, 0-1), which added a safety in the fourth quarter.
Valley's Bill Clark shot a 5-over-par 77 to finish tied for first Friday at the Westmoreland County Coaches Association boys golf tournament at Latrobe Elks. The individual title, however, went to Latrobe's Will Wears, who also shot 77 but won after scoring a birdie on the fourth tiebreak hole.
Kiski Area's Tyler Paunovich shot an 82 to finish tied for 10th. Burrell was led by Zack Abel, who shot 84.
In the team standings, Kiski Area was seventh, Burrell ninth and Valley 13th. Latrobe won the team title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- 4 ejections, benches-clearing scrum mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Rossi: Looking at the next great Steeler
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Pa. breeding ground for corruption, experts say
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Blairsville man killed in single-vehicle crash in Derry
- Pittsburgh airport improvements noted as CEO tries to expand activity
- Coal miner Alpha Natural Resources files for bankruptcy