Franklin Regional cross country teams begin year at Gateway
Franklin Regional's cross country teams both opened their season with top-5 placings Saturday at the Gateway Invitational.
The boys team placed third with 112 points, which put them behind only champion Baldwin and Fox Chapel. The girls were fifth with 136 points, as Hempfield took the girls team title.
Leading the FR boys across the line was Luke Schott, who placed sixth with a time of 18 minutes, 21 seconds. Only a short distance behind him were teammates Ben Myers, who was 11th in 18:33, and Brett Trottier, who was 13th in 18:37.
Ian Griffith was 35th in 19:24, Mo Sajjid was 47th in 19:59, and Tim Mastovich was 50th in 20:02 to round out the boys finishers for the Panthers.
Kaitlyn Figurelli led the Panthers' girls with a time of 21:47, and Danielle Vensel was a second behind her, as the pair took eighth and ninth place.
Behind them for FR's girls were Allison Holcombe, who was 30th in 23:53; Katja Kochvar, who was 39th in 24:23; Haley Grajewski, who was 50th in 25:04; Amanda Gumab, who was 51st in 25:05; and Meg Irvine, who was 70th in 27:14.
Franklin Regional races again this Saturday at the Red, White & Blue Invitational at Schenley Park in Pittsburgh. The first race begins at 8 a.m.
Matt Grubba is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-388-5830 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Scuderi, Despres an odd couple on defense
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- NFL notebook: RG3 ‘not happy’ with benching
- Kiski Area boys ready for encore
- Pitt’s Dixon searching for answers in Maui
- Former Worthington police chief going to trial
- Holiday greeting cards benefit charities
- ‘Charlie Brown’s Christmas’ reminder of holiday message
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Manorville boy gets his wish: a week at Walt Disney World
- Contractor fighting Armstrong blight one house at a time