Top-ranked NA knocks off Foxes
By Marty Stewart
Published: Wednesday, Sept. 12, 2012, 8:58 p.m.
It took only two quarters for North Allegheny to show why the Tigers are one of the top-rated teams in the state.
They traveled to Fox Chapel on Friday and breezed to a 41-7 halftime lead over the Foxes en route to a 48-7 win.
The Foxes scored on a 37-yard run by Nigel Garnett in the second quarter while Billy Urso passed for 185 yards as the Foxes fell to 0-2.
The Foxes will head out to Westmoreland County on Friday to take on the winless Latrobe Wildcats. The Wildcats were manhandled by Hempfield, 43-7, last week.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Maatta not a top rookie finalist
- Indictment alleges scheme defrauded government of $10 million
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- State College restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- ‘Save Chatham’ protesters ordered to leave Shadyside campus
- Highmark’s insurance profit falls 40%
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Duquesne teachers accept fact-finder recommendations for contract
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Eddie Merlot’s steakhouse attracts with menu, wines, decor