Hampton's Hart gives verbal to Edinboro University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Although he knew in his heart where he would go to college one day, Hampton's Jake Hart still did all he could in the classroom and on the wrestling mat to ensure that dream would come true.
Hart said he knew for quite some time that Edinboro University was right for him, but when a scholarship offer came through, the senior's mind was made up.
“I went to a couple of wrestling camps up there and I liked the coach a lot,” Hart said. “My uncle also went to Edinboro, so I grew up liking the school. This was a good deal — I could not pass it up.”
Hart will be part of a young team at Edinboro next season, and the aspirations of growing up and succeeding as a team for four years has Hart excited.
“The team did well last year, so we could be phenomenal,” Hart said. “I will have a spot next year.”
Hart had other offers but said, aside from wanting to go to Edinboro anyway, they made him the best offer.
“I like the campus and it is a solid Division I program,” Hart said. “Many of my friends are still applying … I am happy I know where I am going.”
Hart said he will earn a degree in criminal justice.
Hart has given his verbal commitment and plans to sign in the coming months. With the future in his sights, Hart will refocus on his studies as well and the upcoming high school wrestling season.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-779-6979.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Steelers notebook: Ravens enter short-handed at tight end
- Police: 2 anti-violence organizers beat ex-roomie in Washington
- Shaler Area gets serious about fall play
- Attorney General Kane injured in auto accident
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- Foundations’ deal to buy August Wilson Center could be in jeopardy
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- Oakland man pleads guilty to smuggling drugs from Mexico
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled