Hampton's Hart gives verbal to Edinboro University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Although he knew in his heart where he would go to college one day, Hampton's Jake Hart still did all he could in the classroom and on the wrestling mat to ensure that dream would come true.
Hart said he knew for quite some time that Edinboro University was right for him, but when a scholarship offer came through, the senior's mind was made up.
“I went to a couple of wrestling camps up there and I liked the coach a lot,” Hart said. “My uncle also went to Edinboro, so I grew up liking the school. This was a good deal — I could not pass it up.”
Hart will be part of a young team at Edinboro next season, and the aspirations of growing up and succeeding as a team for four years has Hart excited.
“The team did well last year, so we could be phenomenal,” Hart said. “I will have a spot next year.”
Hart had other offers but said, aside from wanting to go to Edinboro anyway, they made him the best offer.
“I like the campus and it is a solid Division I program,” Hart said. “Many of my friends are still applying … I am happy I know where I am going.”
Hart said he will earn a degree in criminal justice.
Hart has given his verbal commitment and plans to sign in the coming months. With the future in his sights, Hart will refocus on his studies as well and the upcoming high school wrestling season.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 724-779-6979.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police say burglars caught in the act in Beechview
- Suspects in attempted Upper St. Clair home invasion held for court on other charges
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pitt adds Texas wide receiver as 16th commitment to Class of 2015
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Crosby understands rule prohibiting him from playing, stresses he is hurt
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- NTSB: Better oversight needed to prevent natural gas pipeline accidents
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- ‘Let It Snow’ filming in Millvale
- Allegheny County assistant public defender Capone charged with lying to court staff