Hampton's Hart gives verbal to Edinboro University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Although he knew in his heart where he would go to college one day, Hampton's Jake Hart still did all he could in the classroom and on the wrestling mat to ensure that dream would come true.
Hart said he knew for quite some time that Edinboro University was right for him, but when a scholarship offer came through, the senior's mind was made up.
“I went to a couple of wrestling camps up there and I liked the coach a lot,” Hart said. “My uncle also went to Edinboro, so I grew up liking the school. This was a good deal — I could not pass it up.”
Hart will be part of a young team at Edinboro next season, and the aspirations of growing up and succeeding as a team for four years has Hart excited.
“The team did well last year, so we could be phenomenal,” Hart said. “I will have a spot next year.”
Hart had other offers but said, aside from wanting to go to Edinboro anyway, they made him the best offer.
“I like the campus and it is a solid Division I program,” Hart said. “Many of my friends are still applying … I am happy I know where I am going.”
Hart said he will earn a degree in criminal justice.
Hart has given his verbal commitment and plans to sign in the coming months. With the future in his sights, Hart will refocus on his studies as well and the upcoming high school wrestling season.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-779-6979.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli gets 1st career DH start
- Forget online, Pittsburgh singles can meet mates through Dinner for 8
- Three teens injured in one-vehicle crash in Hempfield
- In visit to Washington Wild Things, Rose talks, but not about betting
- When it comes to walking, Pittsburgh’s Venture Outdoors has much to offer
- Obama Academy senior Marnie Quick is finalist at Jimmy Awards for theater
- 3 injured as crash ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- Day-old baby dropped at Uniontown hospital by nurse
- Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue Jackets