Hampton's Hart gives verbal to Edinboro University
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Although he knew in his heart where he would go to college one day, Hampton's Jake Hart still did all he could in the classroom and on the wrestling mat to ensure that dream would come true.
Hart said he knew for quite some time that Edinboro University was right for him, but when a scholarship offer came through, the senior's mind was made up.
“I went to a couple of wrestling camps up there and I liked the coach a lot,” Hart said. “My uncle also went to Edinboro, so I grew up liking the school. This was a good deal — I could not pass it up.”
Hart will be part of a young team at Edinboro next season, and the aspirations of growing up and succeeding as a team for four years has Hart excited.
“The team did well last year, so we could be phenomenal,” Hart said. “I will have a spot next year.”
Hart had other offers but said, aside from wanting to go to Edinboro anyway, they made him the best offer.
“I like the campus and it is a solid Division I program,” Hart said. “Many of my friends are still applying … I am happy I know where I am going.”
Hart said he will earn a degree in criminal justice.
Hart has given his verbal commitment and plans to sign in the coming months. With the future in his sights, Hart will refocus on his studies as well and the upcoming high school wrestling season.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-779-6979.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Pa. Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- DNA evidence in alleged June 2013 rape leads to Latrobe man’s arrest
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’