Lady Rams volleyball moves forward with new coach
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Pine-Richland Lady Rams volleyball team was among the best in the WPIAL for much of the time Emily Walker presided over the team as coach. Walker stepped aside after last season, but taking over is a former teammate and assistant of Walker's, Amanda Fetter.
Fetter plans on keeping the team competitive. Her recipe is simple, and she has the players to run it.
“We do it with team effort … all the players and all the staff together,” Fetter said. “The kids participate 110 percent as a team and I want to keep it that way.”
Fetter had experience as a player at Campbell University before transferring to Costal Carolina prior to assisting on Walker's staff.
To construct her version of the volleyball program, Fetter will utilize several experienced players who were critical the past couple seasons and hungry to make their mark this year.
Four returning starters will lead the way: outside hitter Chloe DiPasquale, middle hitters Abby Dix and Gabby Olsen and setter Abby Peters.
“Their experience will be huge,” Fetter said. “The team has been very successful the past three years. There is only one year the team was not in the WPIAL finals (during that span). The seniors don't know anything but success.
“They set the bar high, and they know how to win.”
Although the core is experienced, Fetter said there is no shortage of talented players who are eager to contribute.
“The youth has stepped up and worked hard to be successful,” Fetter said. “They have big roles and will see a lot of playing time.”
Fetter said she has an endless list of players to go to during games, and she will need the whole crew this season.
Jerry Clark is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at email@example.com or 724-779-6979.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Continuing legend of Pirate Ray
- RB Williams believes he’s making seamless transition to Steelers
- No certainty for Pirates’ call-up veterans
- Derry Township man killed in ATV crash
- Record-holding female motorcyclist to speak at Lincoln Highway event
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title
- Pitt basketball team starting to get injured players back
- White lion Prince dies at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Big plays cost Steelers defense in preseason loss at Bills
- Brashear cornerback Coleman picks Pitt
- Vintage drive-in theaters’ prices, upgrades still draw in Western Pa.