Valley News Dispatch roundup: Fox Chapel falls to No. 4 Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ben Mroz's 26-yard field goal in the third quarter gave Fox Chapel its only points and also marked the first time Central Catholic had been scored on this season. But the Vikings went on to win, 35-3, in the Quad North contest Friday night.
Riley Redman ran 18 times for 151 yards and a 16-yard touchdown for No. 4 Central Catholic (4-0, 3-0). Fox Chapel fell to 0-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
Woodland Hills 35, Plum 0 — Cody McClelland threw for 137 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Harry Randall, as No. 5 Woodland Hills (3-1, 2-1) blanked Plum (0-4, 0-4) in the Quad Central.
Woodland Hills scored all of its points in the first half.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Ebola watch lists to shrink
- Legal titans prepared to tussle in Ferrante cyanide homicide trial
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Scottdale appoints borough solicitor
- Pittsburgh photo exhibit shines light on ‘Good’ work
- Customers rarely utilize right to cancel a contract
- Freeport falls prey to Montour firepower
- Monessen police break up fight