Valley News Dispatch roundup: Fox Chapel falls to No. 4 Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ben Mroz's 26-yard field goal in the third quarter gave Fox Chapel its only points and also marked the first time Central Catholic had been scored on this season. But the Vikings went on to win, 35-3, in the Quad North contest Friday night.
Riley Redman ran 18 times for 151 yards and a 16-yard touchdown for No. 4 Central Catholic (4-0, 3-0). Fox Chapel fell to 0-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
Woodland Hills 35, Plum 0 — Cody McClelland threw for 137 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Harry Randall, as No. 5 Woodland Hills (3-1, 2-1) blanked Plum (0-4, 0-4) in the Quad Central.
Woodland Hills scored all of its points in the first half.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- 3 injured as crash ties up Route 22 in Salem for nearly 8 hours
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli gets 1st career DH start
- Blackhawks deal Gibsonia native Saad to Blue Jackets
- 1 dead in Washington Township crash
- Some pieces of Scaife collection in high demand on first day of auction
- Pa. Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Wolf veto likely
- Port Authority riders weigh in on idea to charge for Connect Cards
- Plum teacher’s lawyer says latest allegations don’t measure up
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke