Valley News Dispatch roundup: Fox Chapel falls to No. 4 Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ben Mroz's 26-yard field goal in the third quarter gave Fox Chapel its only points and also marked the first time Central Catholic had been scored on this season. But the Vikings went on to win, 35-3, in the Quad North contest Friday night.
Riley Redman ran 18 times for 151 yards and a 16-yard touchdown for No. 4 Central Catholic (4-0, 3-0). Fox Chapel fell to 0-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
Woodland Hills 35, Plum 0 — Cody McClelland threw for 137 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Harry Randall, as No. 5 Woodland Hills (3-1, 2-1) blanked Plum (0-4, 0-4) in the Quad Central.
Woodland Hills scored all of its points in the first half.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elizabeth Township Commissioners approve phone system upgrade
- Steel Center celebrates 50 years
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- Wainwright, Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- State police probe trooper’s arrest at Pittsburgh wedding
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- New Kensington residents vent anger at council meeting
- Slovenian Club in Claridge is marking 100th anniversary