Valley News Dispatch roundup: Fox Chapel falls to No. 4 Central Catholic
By Staff Reports
Published: Saturday, September 22, 2012, 12:20 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Ben Mroz's 26-yard field goal in the third quarter gave Fox Chapel its only points and also marked the first time Central Catholic had been scored on this season. But the Vikings went on to win, 35-3, in the Quad North contest Friday night.
Riley Redman ran 18 times for 151 yards and a 16-yard touchdown for No. 4 Central Catholic (4-0, 3-0). Fox Chapel fell to 0-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
Woodland Hills 35, Plum 0 — Cody McClelland threw for 137 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Harry Randall, as No. 5 Woodland Hills (3-1, 2-1) blanked Plum (0-4, 0-4) in the Quad Central.
Woodland Hills scored all of its points in the first half.
- Chartiers Valley’s Coyne enjoys pre-prom celebration at PIAA meet
- MLB notebook: Royals staffer revives fan, 14, after collapse
- 3 survive plunge off Washington bridge
- Pitt stays alive in Big East baseball tournament with 12-inning win over Seton Hall
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Friday’s high of 51 was lowest ever for May 24
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Former Bethel Park PTO president charged in theft from organization
- Hempfield’s Holmberg takes 2nd at PIAA meet with career best leap
- Allegheny County Councilman Drozd leaves GOP, alleges dirty politics
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.