Valley News Dispatch roundup: Fox Chapel falls to No. 4 Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ben Mroz's 26-yard field goal in the third quarter gave Fox Chapel its only points and also marked the first time Central Catholic had been scored on this season. But the Vikings went on to win, 35-3, in the Quad North contest Friday night.
Riley Redman ran 18 times for 151 yards and a 16-yard touchdown for No. 4 Central Catholic (4-0, 3-0). Fox Chapel fell to 0-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
Woodland Hills 35, Plum 0 — Cody McClelland threw for 137 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Harry Randall, as No. 5 Woodland Hills (3-1, 2-1) blanked Plum (0-4, 0-4) in the Quad Central.
Woodland Hills scored all of its points in the first half.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: No discipline for Capitals’ Wilson
- Ruling favors Vikings’ Peterson, sets up reinstatement
- Shoulder injury sidelines top-seeded 126-pounder at WPIAL wrestling tournament
- Pennsylvania House passes liquor system privatization bill
- Rossi: Winnik nice, but not enough for Penguins
- Bettman `intrigued’ by possible outdoor game at Beaver Stadium
- Previously convicted of embezzlement, Mt. Pleasant postal worker accused of mail theft
- Woman charged for holding teen drinking party after video found at Penn-Trafford
- Ukrainian sides pull heavy weapons from front in 11th-hour effort to comply with Minsk agreement
- Pirates willing to consider high salary to keep star McCutchen
- Federal grand jury indicts chief operations manager for Pittsburgh office of Horizons Hospice