Valley News Dispatch roundup: Fox Chapel falls to No. 4 Central Catholic
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Ben Mroz's 26-yard field goal in the third quarter gave Fox Chapel its only points and also marked the first time Central Catholic had been scored on this season. But the Vikings went on to win, 35-3, in the Quad North contest Friday night.
Riley Redman ran 18 times for 151 yards and a 16-yard touchdown for No. 4 Central Catholic (4-0, 3-0). Fox Chapel fell to 0-4 overall and 0-3 in conference play.
Woodland Hills 35, Plum 0 — Cody McClelland threw for 137 yards and two touchdowns, including a 73-yarder to Harry Randall, as No. 5 Woodland Hills (3-1, 2-1) blanked Plum (0-4, 0-4) in the Quad Central.
Woodland Hills scored all of its points in the first half.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Chryst returns home, named football coach at Wisconsin
- Donation another step toward new roof at Cowansville veterans center
- Officials get early start on NuMine bridge replacement planning
- Roundup: Wealth gap largest on record, Pew study shows; McDonald’s in Japan limits orders of fries; more
- Munhall’s $8.3 million spending plan has no tax hike or furloughs
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Philly DA says no affidavits claimed by AG Kane in bribery case existed
- Toast of the Town: Explore Lawrenceville’s many watering holes
- Son charged in dismemberment death of mother, stepfather in Penn Hills