Road to 60: Clairton the bully of Black Hills
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Up next: Fort Cherry (2-2), 7:30 p.m., Friday
Winning streaks: Clairton 51, Central Bucks West 59
Clairton is back to being the bully of the Black Hills Conference, averaging 52 points the past three games.
The 52-7 victory at previously undefeated Monessen last Thursday night marked the 19th time in its 51-game winning streak that Clairton scored 50 points or more in a game.
Overshadowed in the WPIAL record-setting streak is Clairton's defensive dominance. The Bears have held opponents to single digits 45 times, with 27 shutouts.
The defense has not only been oppressive but opportunistic. Devonte Harvey's fumble recovery at the Monessen 15 set up one touchdown, and Tyus Booker scored after recovering a bad snap at the 7-yard line.
Clairton is giving new meaning to Bad News Bears.
— Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Stop by Stanley’s Bar & Grill in Ford City for Thanksgiving dinner
- Ford City executive sessions called into question
- Hempfield man fights off intruders
- Robbery nets stint in prison for Marion Center man
- H&M to open in Westmoreland Mall
- Pittsburgh man charged with 56 counts after high-speed chase over weekend
- Clairton no longer distressed
- Penn State football coach Franklin renews his plea for patience
- Occupying playoff spot on Thanksgiving good harbinger for Penguins