Road to 60: Clairton the bully of Black Hills
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Up next: Fort Cherry (2-2), 7:30 p.m., Friday
Winning streaks: Clairton 51, Central Bucks West 59
Clairton is back to being the bully of the Black Hills Conference, averaging 52 points the past three games.
The 52-7 victory at previously undefeated Monessen last Thursday night marked the 19th time in its 51-game winning streak that Clairton scored 50 points or more in a game.
Overshadowed in the WPIAL record-setting streak is Clairton's defensive dominance. The Bears have held opponents to single digits 45 times, with 27 shutouts.
The defense has not only been oppressive but opportunistic. Devonte Harvey's fumble recovery at the Monessen 15 set up one touchdown, and Tyus Booker scored after recovering a bad snap at the 7-yard line.
Clairton is giving new meaning to Bad News Bears.
— Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man shot and killed in Homewood
- Portion of house collapses in Aliquippa, no injuries
- Paterno son, another ex-football assistant coach suing PSU
- City seeks gag order in case involving 2012 traffic stop that paralyzed East Liberty man
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed in 2013 accident
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- High school notebook: Hempfield basketball coach Marino resigns
- Officials to limit tailgating before Jason Aldean concert at PNC Park
- Wolf says he’ll work with state legislature to deal with pension woes
- Federal appeals courts disagree on Obamacare subsidies
- Senate, House head for stalemate on border