Road to 60: Clairton the bully of Black Hills
TribLIVE Sports Videos
Up next: Fort Cherry (2-2), 7:30 p.m., Friday
Winning streaks: Clairton 51, Central Bucks West 59
Clairton is back to being the bully of the Black Hills Conference, averaging 52 points the past three games.
The 52-7 victory at previously undefeated Monessen last Thursday night marked the 19th time in its 51-game winning streak that Clairton scored 50 points or more in a game.
Overshadowed in the WPIAL record-setting streak is Clairton's defensive dominance. The Bears have held opponents to single digits 45 times, with 27 shutouts.
The defense has not only been oppressive but opportunistic. Devonte Harvey's fumble recovery at the Monessen 15 set up one touchdown, and Tyus Booker scored after recovering a bad snap at the 7-yard line.
Clairton is giving new meaning to Bad News Bears.
— Kevin Gorman
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Heyward-Bey looks to make impact on special teams with Steelers
- Elsie Hillman, philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse, dies at 89
- Bethel Park SB approves contracts for secretaries, paraprofessionals
- West Virginia football pair Gibson, Howard prepared to step up
- Pirates notebook: Liriano shrugs off rain-ruined start
- Police charge man with homicide for deaths of former girlfriend, her grandmother in East Hills
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Knoch ace Shinsky commits to Ohio
- No rest for ex-Kittanning wrestler Nolf
- Steelers notebook: Spaeth on baby watch
- Summer Fancy Food Show celebrates craft, care and joy