Central Catholic knocks off Fox Chapel
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Fox Chapel Area High School football team, despite losing to Central Catholic by a 35-3 score last week, became the first team to score on the undefeated Vikings this season.
Ben Mroz nailed a 26-yard field goal in the third quarter to close the gap to 21-3 but the Foxes' couldn't get any closer as they fell to 0-4 overall and 0-3 in the Quad A North.
The Foxes will face another 0-4 team on Friday as they host Shaler at 7 p.m.
The Titans were routed by Peters Township, 36-7, on Friday.
One bright spot for Shaler was the running of Brad Good, who had 104 yards on 10 carries, including a 71-yard touchdown romp.
Marty Stewart is a sports editor for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-782-2123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers realizes performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Paddleboard classes focus on fitness
- Fatal accident near Clymer involves school van; 3 students reported injured
- GDP data, consumer sentiment drop slash stocks
- Pirates notebook: Burnett rediscovers vintage form
- Hurdle says Pirates must eliminate defensive gaffes
- Honda thinks outside box
- Medical examiner: Dormont man found near incline died of multiple injuries
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Texas waters yield 4 bodies as death toll climbs; rainfall records fall across state
- Daily Courier roundup: Connellsville’s Shipley flirts with no-hitter in Legion win