Plum varsity and JV slow-pitch softball teams score victories in weekend games
TribLIVE Sports Videos
The Plum varsity and junior varsity slow-pitch softball teams fared well in games last Saturday and Sunday.
The varsity team swept a doubeheader from Hampton on Sunday, winning game one, 20-9, and game two, 18-8.
Senior Jessica Snider tallied five RBI in game one, while senior Alyssa Stonebraker knocked in three runs. The team had a total of 20 hits, and sophomore Brianne DeGore and senior Jessica Allman had three hits apiece.
Plum had 19 hits in game two. Stonebraker and Allman had five and four RBI, respectively. Sophomores Melissa Colchagie and Rachel White each had three hits.
The junior varsity team played four games on Saturday. The team split with Hampton (13-11 loss, 11-0 win) and swept Peters Township (21-16 and 20-19).
Freshman Abigail Costa and sophomore Alyssa Zezza each knocked in five RBI in the 21-16 victory over Peters, while sophomore Rylee White was 5 for 5 with a home run.
In game two, sophomore Myranda Cypher knocked in the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh.
Zezza was 3 for 4 with two home runs and seven RBI, while sophomore Amy DiNatale (three hits), Rylee White (two home runs), Costa (three hits) and sophomore Natalee Tommarello (three hits) also had big games.
Sophomore Sierra McElhose homered, tripled and drove in four runs in the 11-0 win over Hampton.
Sophomore Megan Bohatch pitched the shutout, and the Plum defense committed no errors.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Giants, Bumgarner shut out Pirates in wild-card game
- Mt. Pleasant area man dies following police chase
- Bumgarner quiets Blackout crowd with 4-hit shutout
- Coca-Cola shaves incentives for executives
- Rossi: Pirates can’t waste McCutchen’s prime
- Giants’ Crawford makes history with slam
- Familiar format focuses on journey to Yesteryear visit
- West Virginia man dies from injuries sustained in chemical explosion
- Leader Times high roundup: Freeport girls soccer team makes playoffs
- Canadian company wins bid for casino
- Highmark to increase premiums, limit access to health care in new plans