Doran advances through boys golf sectional
Penn-Trafford senior golfer Max Doran advanced to the WPIAL's boys golf semifinal round with a 6-over round of 76 in the sectional qualifier at Hannahstown Country Club on Sept. 19.
Doran was scheduled to play in the semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Ninth grade falls
P-T's ninth grad football team suffered its first loss of the year, 20-12, on the road at North Allegheny.
Joey Peduzzi ran for a touchdown and threw one to Timmy Vecchio, who caught three passes for 78 of P-T's 103 passing yards.
Matt Shirey led the defense for the Warriors (2-1) with 12 tackles.
The P-T girls volleyball team (7-0, 5-0) defeated Latrobe, 25-23, 27-25, 25-20, in Section 1-AAA play to set up a battle for first with Norwin (7-2, 5-1) on Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Teenage boys arrested in connection with armed robberies in Shadyside
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Pittsburgh authority hires firm to end long vacancy at North Shore retail space
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- ‘Greed is not criminal,’ says judge in McCullough trial
- Work release inmate walks away from Armstrong County Jail
- Multiple delays to slow travel between Alle-Kiski Valley, Greensburg
- Police: Avonmore mayor found stranger’s lost wallet, took cash from it
- Connellsville man arrested for firing handgun at city’s East Park