Doran advances through boys golf sectional
Penn-Trafford senior golfer Max Doran advanced to the WPIAL's boys golf semifinal round with a 6-over round of 76 in the sectional qualifier at Hannahstown Country Club on Sept. 19.
Doran was scheduled to play in the semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Ninth grade falls
P-T's ninth grad football team suffered its first loss of the year, 20-12, on the road at North Allegheny.
Joey Peduzzi ran for a touchdown and threw one to Timmy Vecchio, who caught three passes for 78 of P-T's 103 passing yards.
Matt Shirey led the defense for the Warriors (2-1) with 12 tackles.
The P-T girls volleyball team (7-0, 5-0) defeated Latrobe, 25-23, 27-25, 25-20, in Section 1-AAA play to set up a battle for first with Norwin (7-2, 5-1) on Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign last of eight players drafted in 2015
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Chesney fans flood the North Shore to party
- Hydraulic lift accident kills man in Wilkinsburg
- Former city police chief released from federal prison
- Pittsburgh roots shape former Md. governor’s outlook in run for president
- Padres snap Pirates’ 7-game win streak
- East Franklin family held at gunpoint in Arnold; no one hurt
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Point Park graduate’s ‘mugshot’ photos hit nerve on racism
- Inmate assaults Westmoreland County sheriff’s deputy at UPMC Presbyterian Hospital