Doran advances through boys golf sectional
Penn-Trafford senior golfer Max Doran advanced to the WPIAL's boys golf semifinal round with a 6-over round of 76 in the sectional qualifier at Hannahstown Country Club on Sept. 19.
Doran was scheduled to play in the semifinal at The Links at Spring Church on Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Ninth grade falls
P-T's ninth grad football team suffered its first loss of the year, 20-12, on the road at North Allegheny.
Joey Peduzzi ran for a touchdown and threw one to Timmy Vecchio, who caught three passes for 78 of P-T's 103 passing yards.
Matt Shirey led the defense for the Warriors (2-1) with 12 tackles.
The P-T girls volleyball team (7-0, 5-0) defeated Latrobe, 25-23, 27-25, 25-20, in Section 1-AAA play to set up a battle for first with Norwin (7-2, 5-1) on Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL parity makes playoff chase a multi-team muddle
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- LaBar: Timing perfect for Sting’s debut at WWE’s Survivor Series
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Arziona’s Miller gets boost from Char Valley grad’s play
- Iraqi family, torn apart for opposing Saddam, reunites in Pittsburgh
- Charity wants donors to knit and purl for animal shelters
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Small retailers at intersection of social networks, foot traffic
- Horse racing industry banks on Wolf