Fisch advances from boys golf sectional
Franklin Regional junior golfer Matt Fisch moved on from the Section 4-AAA qualifier at Meadowink Golf Course by shooting a 7-over round of 79, which hit the target score to advance exactly.
Fisch was the only Panthers golfer to advance, and one of eight overall to shoot 79 or better. He took advantage of a 37 on the front nine to post his qualifying score.
Fisch moved on to the WPIAL semifinal at The Links at Spring Church that was scheduled to be played Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Also competing at the sectional for Franklin Regional were Eddie Zhang (81), Aaron Fallat (83), Hassan Chughtai (89), Nate Hlozek (94) and Mike Gabrin (94).
Girls soccer goes top
Franklin Regional's girls soccer team received some help from Penn-Trafford and hit the midway point of Section 1-AAA play tied for first place.
P-T knocked off Class AAA No. 2-ranked Norwin, 2-0, on Monday to create a three-way tie atop the section at 5-1-0.
The Panthers (7-3-0), having finished the first half of their section schedule on Sept. 19 with a 4-2 win at Kiski Area, played a pair of nonsection contests since that win.
FR was beaten, 1-0, by North Allegheny on Saturday but bounced back with a 1-0 win at home Monday against Hampton.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates
- Penguins recall Maatta in time for season opener in Dallas
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Armstrong County Jail warden resigns
- FBI, other authorities serve search warrant on methadone clinic near Uniontown
- Grandparents’ bids for child custody imperiled
- Pirates notebook: Tempers boil after Arrieta beaned
- Penguins are hoping their days of drama are finally behind them
- Doom and gloom at Bucs wild-card loss
- LaBar: One of the best wrestling events ever
- Police looking for man who sexually assaulted Squirrel Hill woman