Fisch advances from boys golf sectional
Published: Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 8:57 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Franklin Regional junior golfer Matt Fisch moved on from the Section 4-AAA qualifier at Meadowink Golf Course by shooting a 7-over round of 79, which hit the target score to advance exactly.
Fisch was the only Panthers golfer to advance, and one of eight overall to shoot 79 or better. He took advantage of a 37 on the front nine to post his qualifying score.
Fisch moved on to the WPIAL semifinal at The Links at Spring Church that was scheduled to be played Tuesday, after this edition's deadline.
Also competing at the sectional for Franklin Regional were Eddie Zhang (81), Aaron Fallat (83), Hassan Chughtai (89), Nate Hlozek (94) and Mike Gabrin (94).
Girls soccer goes top
Franklin Regional's girls soccer team received some help from Penn-Trafford and hit the midway point of Section 1-AAA play tied for first place.
P-T knocked off Class AAA No. 2-ranked Norwin, 2-0, on Monday to create a three-way tie atop the section at 5-1-0.
The Panthers (7-3-0), having finished the first half of their section schedule on Sept. 19 with a 4-2 win at Kiski Area, played a pair of nonsection contests since that win.
FR was beaten, 1-0, by North Allegheny on Saturday but bounced back with a 1-0 win at home Monday against Hampton.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Judge: Stop feeding the voters
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Tea party protesters target Pittsburgh federal building
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Sheriff called to Sardis polling place over campaign literature
- Judge refuses to stop Wilkinsburg mayoral election over ballot complaint
- Turnout light across Western Pa. as voters hit polls
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Photos: Quaker Valley prom offers night to remember
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.